Single supply Low Power MOSFET Class A/AB amp

D

Deleted member 550749

Trying to build this Schematic, do I need Compensation? Or is it gonna work without that, or any changes u suggest
AB.jpg

It has to be 15V regulated.
Because you have the input connected to the supply.
If you have unregulated, then will be hum coming from supply direct to the input.

One other solution if you have unregulated, is to have a capacitor between the two 100kOhm resistor to ground.
This will filter the supply and make it clean.

To your question.
I think you need a compensation cap. Across T5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The quiescent current will be difficult to control: it critically depends on the ratio of the 4.5K to the 1+2K, the supply voltage and the MOS threshold voltages.
Something will need to be made adjustable, and some kind of temperature compensation will also be required

JLH type output can function in class A. I doubt it can in classAB. The drain resistor is more useful on the source to have the same gm as the upper. For thermal stability you need to parallel the gate resistor with NTC screwed upon the MOSFET.
Why you don't use simulator?

D

Deleted member 550749

Hi, HAYK, 2days ago I made this jlh 69 mod , everything working fine but my problem is after few minutes of song listening output offset changes , is this just because of MOSFET behaviour or heating causes?? Or need more fine work for more stability? Or this is anykind error?
jlh69 mod~4.jpg

About 2 years ago, I posted a 4 transistor, 40W, 0.0004%THD @7W1khz classA amp on EEVblog website using lm334 as temperature compensation element. The output stage, I have tested it for several months using step up transformer.
I replaced the lm334 by NTC and here is the amp that might interest you. The first 3 transistors have the same circuit as yours, the fourth is an SRPP. The outputs for low power can be replaced with cheaper IRF640/9640.

Attachments

• phenix jlh.JPG
    phenix jlh.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: 1 user