Simplistic NJFET RIAA

5.6 and 6.2 ohm resistors on it way to my home. Hopefully I'll swap them during this weekend. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally, I received 5R6 and 6R2 Takman REY. Installed 5.6 (instead of 5R1) and no improvement. Still hear that pop up noise at high volume.
Will install 6R2 tomorrow.
Again, it is only appears when TT cable is connected and other side has no cart. With cart same noise. Dead quite when inputs are in air.

Couldn't wait till tomorrow and installed 6R2 now. Same issue! What is interesting, it's noisy for 5-7 sec then 5-7 sec is quite. It's like coming and going with that time frame. Going to connect generic RCA cable to the input and other side will leave open. Let's see if it is something on my TT cable.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I wouldn't know from experience about this noise but it would also cross my mind to change the 369s in the end. Weird thing is that the noise was not there before but it did not appear right after the Cmult incident either. It still could be coming from the TT.

I wouldn't know from experience about this noise but it would also cross my mind to change the 369s in the end. Weird thing is that the noise was not there before but it did not appear right after the Cmult incident either. It still could be coming from the TT.

I doubt it is a TT cable, since I had same noise when I connected 2m generic RSA to the input.
I'll assemble my first FSP with Mundorfs and see how it's.. Will be same PSU and different FSP. I'll report soon. I'm afraid that it might be still PSU makes these small picks with very high frequency and I did not see them on scope. Might go to set some level on triggering to try to catch it.

Sorry guys, I did mislead you. I checked today again and have no noise when generic RCA 2+ meter long cable is connected. I did not know what I heard previous time. It is quite with it.
Nick, you are right (as always) and must be a TT cable!
I connected second FSP (100% good) and hear same noise. So, it is not phono for sure. And not PSU too.
The challenge is to find what is wrong with my TT cable....
To replace it? Which one will be 100% built-proof and high quality to suit my TT and cart level?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Sorry guys, I did mislead you. I checked today again and have no noise when generic RCA 2+ meter long cable is connected. I did not know what I heard previous time. It is quite with it.
Nick, you are right (as always) and must be a TT cable!
I connected second FSP (100% good) and hear same noise. So, it is not phono for sure. And not PSU too.
The challenge is to find what is wrong with my TT cable....
To replace it? Which one will be 100% built-proof and high quality to suit my TT and cart level?

Maybe use your LCR meter to know the pf of your generic and then diy one from say Mogami or other big pro cable reputable manufacturer where you can read trusty spec on their products. At least isn't going to cost too much. Thinner microphone or patch bay types are nice. Easier to dress around and closer to a generic's thickness.