Simplistic NJFET RIAA

voltage for MM and HMC

Hello,

Several questions, if you please.
What would be the best transformers secondary tension for MM and / or HMC, please? What about the power of such transformers, please? Toroid transformers are well suited for such applications, in your opinion?
Warm regards and happy auditions!

I use this one with no issues: AS-1236 - 100VA 36V Transformer - AnTek Products Corp
Relatively cheap and they have an excellent customer service. I have one trany (for different project) that made hum/vibration and they sent me a new one very quickly (lake two days and I already had it in my house). They care about safety and they told me not to use the noisy one and to trash it immediately. Good luck.

THE MAGNETIC SHIELD AROUND THE OUTSIDE TO REDUCE THE MAGNETIC LEAKAGE

Hello,

I did search on Antek site the string "THE MAGNETIC SHIELD AROUND THE OUTSIDE TO REDUCE THE MAGNETIC LEAKAGE" and I didn't find any more details about.

In my previous RIAA preapms I did use two transformers having cross connected their primary coils. It made power supply dead quite.
Now I would wish do command such magnetic shield at my favorite manufacturer ... but I need something technically more precised.

Maybe a short circuit on the leakage magnetic field (a short circuit made by a lateral cooper band... may be).

What would be "THE MAGNETIC SHIELD AROUND THE OUTSIDE TO REDUCE THE MAGNETIC LEAKAGE" in your opinion, experience please?

Antek is good. The ones with the shield are the "AS" series. Iam using one in my ba3 preamp. Also, i have a 38v antek Iam about to use with the salas shunt for the salas phono stage. Just have to build the other channels shunt and I can get rid of the batteries.

Attachments

• 20141130_224224.jpg
    20141130_224224.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 302
Thanks Salas. I am thinking about the transformer and caps now. I am going to use a dual secondary transformer, one secondary per shunt. Is it better to leave the grounds of the two supplies separate or is it better to connect them at the negative terminal of the caps (see attached)?

Attachments

• img-Z02102945-0001.jpg
    img-Z02102945-0001.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 266
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Salas. I am thinking about the transformer and caps now. I am going to use a dual secondary transformer, one secondary per shunt. Is it better to leave the grounds of the two supplies separate or is it better to connect them at the negative terminal of the caps (see attached)?

I can recommend the grounding arrangement as shown in the build guide.Totally hum free listening in both my MM and high gain MC versions.

Don't add zero ohm loops.
Keep them separate and ONLY make connections WHERE they are needed.