Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Who made your PCB? Want to post here the files, both print and Gerber for all to benefit? You are making the 43.7V version for supplying the driver stage of your EB class A amplifier.
You are going to be so disappointed, your shunt will have so much ripple!:clown:

Attachments

• rippleout.gif
    rippleout.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 774

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
salas said:
Ikoflexer has done a nice open source sim. Congrats. Useful.

It's fun to play with the circuit while waiting for the parts to arrive. I just ordered 100 jfets from Spencer, can't wait for that batch.

Forgot to mention, the simulation file from a few posts ago is all inclusive; I meant it to be easy for any beginner, so all you need is to load that file in ltspice and run it (I have no affiliation with linear technology, I'm just using ltspice because it's free, has no limitations, is actively developed, and quite good). For those experienced the following few lines will be boring. The actual simulation takes a bit of time because the sim parameters are set for more accuracy (helps with the harmonic distortion analysis). After the simulation is run (by clicking on the "running man" button), you can click on the menu on View->Spice error log, which will show harmonic distortion numbers. Or you can click on one of the circuit lines, and it will show the voltage trace at that spot; when you click on a resistor, it will show the current trace through it. Again, maybe not reality, but fun and educational, for sure.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
nicoch46 said:
perforated board : Yes

very basic
dual mono, dual rail, talema 10VA -byv -0.1 snubber - 4700uf epos -fuse

Looked over EB's website, it looks like you have a discrete MOSFET shunt with a JFET differential controller on your phono board that you supply with the above rectifier/raw filter. I don't think that it has a main feeding CCS before it. I see local ones for shunt parts. Or it does not show, because those I saw are more like conceptual schematics.