Simple SE Sit Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Eyeballing the scope screen capture in #197, the peaks are ~ 2.6-2.7 vertical grid boxes above the baseline, and the troughs are ~ 2.6-2.7 vertical grids below the baseline. Total separation between peaks and troughs is ~ 5.2-5.4 vertical grids.

The first falling edge crosses the baseline at ~ 2.0 horizontal grid boxes and the second falling edge crosses the baseline at ~ 5.3 horizontal grids. The waveform period is the delta between these two zero crossings. (And the frequency is 1/period).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
There is a spatter of speculation, and begging every time a nugget of information/rumor comes out. Then fatigue sets in. This group of OCD builders tends move on to another interest that they can actually build. This has been going on for awhile now.

NP, MJ, 6L6, and crew are putting a lot of effort into this project, and obfuscating as much as possible. I suspect they are enjoying the suspense. It will happen when they are happy with the product. Remembering back in the day what the DIYAudioStore was, it has come a long way, and I congratulate them.

I, like all of you get over-excited every time a SimpleSit nugget comes out. It usually ends up with me building another M2x daughter board set.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
The M2x daughter cards called IPS6 and IPS7 are public domain; their schematics and PCB manufacturing files ("Gerbers") are freely downloadable by anyone. They are intended for intermediate- to advanced-skill builders and no training wheel types of tutorials are provided.

IPS8 is designed and built and waiting in the queue to be tested. It's not a roaring priority.

Something that might or might not become yet one more M2x daughter card, got scribbled on a pad next to the bed, in the middle of the night, last week. Who knows what may develop, certainly not me.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Optional / Additional Front End #5 (code letter "R") ordered from PCB fab today, nobody can predict whether Chinese New Year will slow it down or by how much.

This is the all-SMD board for test & debugging fixtures only; distribution limited to family and friends who have slept in my guest room / I have slept in their guest room. R / FE#5 won't be released to the public at large, I am not eager to experience another support nightmare [of ... many many words deleted]

I'm going to mate it with the BJT amp channel board for debugging, thus the combo amounts to a non-VFET and also non-ThruHole power amp. Just what nobody wants, but also, just what is super handy for design verification and waveform validation.

_

Last edited:
Optional / Additional Front End #5 (code letter "R") ordered from PCB fab today, nobody can predict whether Chinese New Year will slow it down or by how much.

This is the all-SMD board for test & debugging fixtures only; distribution limited to family and friends who have slept in my guest room / I have slept in their guest room. R / FE#5 won't be released to the public at large, I am not eager to experience another support nightmare [of ... many many words deleted]

I'm going to mate it with the BJT amp channel board for debugging, thus the combo amounts to a non-VFET and also non-ThruHole power amp. Just what nobody wants, but also, just what is super handy for design verification and waveform validation.

_

Thank you Mark for what you do for the DIY community!
I do not live too far from your area and it would be my pleasure to thank you in person one day.....once these crazy restrictions go away.

Best wishes of success with he new design!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.