Simple DSD SRC for BeagleBone

Thanks Pavel. I flashed version Pure_27_01_2021 to an SDcard and that seems to be a step in the right direction as I'm now seeing a familiar pattern of blue LED activity, which becomes, for a few seconds, a heartbeat flashing on the first blue LED before they all turn-off (except for the red LED, which remains lit). That suggests it is booting from the SD card. However, I'm still not seeing the Antminer on the network - I can't recall whether the DSD'it board has to be plugged onto the Antminer for it to boot properly?

I have to go and earn my daily crust now so more later.

I have a 'normal' BBB and also some network problems. Sometimes it is possible
to ssh into the BBB via the LAN, but sometimes only for seconds, sometimes
20 minutes.
It works better via USB. As soon as the puppy icon pops up on the USB master's
screen, there is a DHCP server on the BBB.

copied from ????:
If connected via USB, a network adapter should show up on your computer. Your Beagle should be running a DHCP server that will provide your computer with an IP address of either 192.168.7.1 or 192.168.6.1, depending on the type of USB network adapter supported by your computer's operating system. Your Beagle will reserve 192.168.7.2 or 192.168.6.2 for itself.

The connection is rock solid for days. Since the DHCP server for BBB <--> host runs on the BBB,
your router will not even know about it. The drawback is, the BBB won't see the internet either
unless there is an additional cable to the router plugged in. With it, i managed to install 7zip
and some other utilities from the net.

cheers, Gerhard

Reactions: 1 user
Disappointment with the Antminer, whatever version of the Pure software I load onto the SD card it doesn't boot properly. I'm suspicious because if I boot it without the SD card it appears to boot and the network activity LED flashes a lot but I can't see it on the network - I'm wondering if there is someting installed as firmware on it, perhaps relating to bitcoin mining.

I've discarded the Antminer and now have a proper Beaglebone, which I got up and running with the Pure distro straight off.

I've plugged on the DSD'it board and started testing with my No-DAC RC filter, using Roon as the player. I have some more troubleshooting to do - it will play DSD but if I feed it PCM I get silence.

DSD'it is clearly getting data from the Beaglebone and I checked DSD-on is switching correctly (Mute too).

Switching over to HQ Player for playback and using the BBB as an NAA, when resampling PCM files to DSD256 I get music via the DSD'it but not with PCM source material.

As an aside, I've used both 44.1 and 48KHz source data to confirm the oscillators are switching correctly.

I had a productive morning troubleshooting my DSD'it - it would previously play native DSD but not PCM. I scoped for the signals around the first SRC chip and found an anomaly and after a bit more work I was able to confirm two pins of the SRC chip were apparently in contact with each other. even though I couldn't see anything, even under the microscope. Anyway after some judicious cleaning between and behind the pins with an old toothbrush I have eliminated the problem and it is now outputting DSD from PCM format input media and sounding very nice.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm about to order some blank DSD'It boards for the BBB... Before doing that, I wonder if anyone has a working board that you no longer need? That would save a lot of time (and possible headaches) for me.

I might have the DSD'It Amanero version I could trade if you're interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user