I have an old flat head screwdriver that I use as
a prybar,
scraper,
general light demolition,
paint can opener and stirrer,
box opener,
light hammer,
and of course an emergency screwdriver.
I used to have one that had “Do not use as pry bar or chisel” printed right on the handle. Isn‘t that why you BUY a big *** screwdriver that’s too big to actually FIT any slotted screw on the PLANET?.

It may not be pretty but I have a table saw fence and it cuts straight.

Now I just need a square. How about that guy sitting right in the back row?

Attachments

• 20230510_202228[6503].jpg
    20230510_202228[6503].jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 55
I don't have much experience with routers, but that's partly why I'm here. To learn cool router tricks :unsure::D
Not much trickery to using a router, except handling with care. That bit spins at an incredible speed, so make sure the router bit, and all other bolts on the router are tightened properly. I once had a router bit coming loose because of the vibrations. Also, important to always wear safety glasses and ear protection. Experience has learned me to go slow, making multiple cuts if needed.
I made my own Jasper jig with a piece of plexi glass for speaker driver holes.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm waiting for some acrylic plexy. I have a list of things I need it for.

The more I see what routers are capable of the more I want to get good with one. I mostly stick to a few basic types of joinery. Routers are a key to making them tight and perfect in super short durations. Joints don't have to be pretty as long as there good and strong imo. But some of the old English kinds are very admirable.

The more showy pieces look good with wood dowel and joints to lock it up tight. No metal hardware used anywhere. And sometimes NO GLUE!, It takes time to master woodwork, more time than I might have.

RE speed and accidents. I'd hate to be on the recieving end of a carbide bit after it came out doung 16,000 rpms. That would almost certainly leave a mark if it hit you first or second. :oops:

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member