• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hi @cdsgames,

the question has been repeatedly asked about the compatibility of USBBRIDGE SIGNATURE and CONDITIONERPI from Ian @iancanada (DocumentDownload/UltraCapacitorPowerSupply/ConditionerPi at master * iancanada/DocumentDownload * GitHub). No answered yet.

Can USBBRIDGE SIGNATURE be powered via GPIO?

alecm,

I have a USBridge Signature Player and have installed Ian's ConditionerPi as a HAT and I am only powering the USBridge Signature by connecting to the ConditionerPi. It makes a good improvement, BUT I will say that the UcConditioner 5V makes a substantially greater improvement but it isn't as pretty because you need to mount it outside of the case. If you are looking for a worthy upgrade while still using the Allo case, you can use the ConditionerPi. Be warned that you will need to modify your case and cut a hole for the DC power cord to enter to ConditionerPi.

Allen

Our main PSU engineer was out with Covid for the past 2 weeks. He is fine (out of hospital) but we will wait another week for him to be back .
PSU is the only unfinished part.

Meanwhile we got the new AMP PCB and buffer. We take readings at 37W since my source (DAC) has best THD+N at max signal output . Of course , at 5W FFT will look even better (if that's possible )

Take a look to understand .

Attachments

• FFT1KHZ_with 4 ohm with new amp+buffer.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Our main PSU engineer was out with Covid for the past 2 weeks. He is fine (out of hospital) but we will wait another week for him to be back .

Meanwhile we got the new AMP PCB and buffer. We take readings at 37W since my source (DAC) has best THD+N at max signal output . Of course , at 5W FFT will look even better (if that's possible )

Two words: incredible performance. Wow!

Glad to hear that your engineer is recovering, the whole of India is having a tough time at the moment.
The performance of the Amp is great, have you compared it to Hypex NC252 and NC122? These are the amps you will be competing with. Also can you provide more information on the input buffer and will you provide a choice of opamps?

Hi Chris

Its hard to discuss/describe what we hear. For the new version PCB , I just seen the AP test.

As I said since the beginning , Allo amp is not replying on Ganfets or massive negative feedback to achieve good numbers. Its rather old school analog PCB design, very low noise PSU and no magnetic hysteresis.

No opamp change (but be sure we are using excellent TI parts) multiple gains (3)

Last edited:
Hi Chris

The buffer will have 47K impedance . No opamp rolling (we chose and tested carefully the opamps to achieve specs) . SQ is from inductors and PCB design .
We are still debating if 3 gains are enough.
Fpr the next 2 weeks , I will be on vacation (starting tomorrow) so less present..

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Since decades all the geniuses out there do not get 2 channel stereo (DACs) properly to play, and now some (luckily a very few) dreamers start dreaming about highly DSPed multichannel playback. :rolleyes:

For once we seem to agree. As if 2 channel playback is not hard enough already :) To my surprise Apple is involved in this multichannel stuff as well so it likely will become a new ecosystem with subscription model copied by the others. In the future you will own nothing and you'll be happy :D

Last edited:
Hi Chris

The buffer will have 47K impedance . No opamp rolling (we chose and tested carefully the opamps to achieve specs) . SQ is from inductors and PCB design .
We are still debating if 3 gains are enough.
Fpr the next 2 weeks , I will be on vacation (starting tomorrow) so less present..

Does this mean that no buffer will be required at the output of the DAC?

Yes both are present . You have 4 gains , 9db , 12db , 18db and 20db (we might add another)
Have you thought about the casework? A DIY option with your modules and suitable casework from GhentAudio might be an option.If you are going to produce your own case, then a rear panel similar to the Apollon mini would be good....

Attachments

• Purifi-Stereo.jpg
    Purifi-Stereo.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 480
@cdsgames: a new product suggestion - there is a growing demand for multi channel DACs. To illustrate the point, you may be aware of the Okto multi channel DAC. They have had so many orders for it that they have temporarily stopped accepting new orders. I’m sure you would sell a lot of them if you were to produce something similar.