Series xover design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
these drivers......

... ok, I have had a look at the curves etc. and make the following comments re suitability

The TC18 has a broad rise in the 2k - 5k range, the TC26 is NICE !!

That broad rise would be accentuated with a low zeta x-o, and the sound would probably be very forward.

What I would do with this pairing is to cross higher, say 3k, use an slightly over-damped zobel on the woofer, and use a zeta of about 1.3 to counteract the rise in response of the TC18. Since you are using it with a sub, i don't imagine any bass boost needs to be added.

If you like I will put together a possible x-o diagram that should do a reasonable job, but seeing I haven't actually used either driver, would need some tweaking.

Email me if interested.

Andy that would be great. I am new to series XO.

I prefer a laid back sound. how does one use an slightly over-damped zobel on the woofer? will a higher zeta (1.3) mean a lower slope (less than 6db/oct)?

Also at 3k the tweeter would be better protected so I woudl prefer 3k. I was just afraid ofteh rise in the woofer response and hence chose 2k.

Thanks again in advance.

regards
navin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.