Semisouth Aleph J?

Second channel is acting a bit weird need to investigate further. With bulb tester they are glowing not so bright and the bias I could dial to 300mv and offset to 50mV. But the negative rail led is not switching on. Also observation is that both the rails after powering up dropping to +/-9.9vdc

Strange. LEDs are independent of the circuit and only indicate that PSU is ON and correctly wired to the board.
Maybe negative LED is broken or accidentally reversed.
Try to isolate new channel and power it alone the same way you powered the first one.
Amp probably will not fully bias with both channels and bulb tester.

1713759516912.jpeg

1713759543739.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
The makerbeam kit looks like a fun way to build a chassis. Fab yourself a nice backplate to hold the IEC power inlet, speaker terminals, RCA inputs and you’re in business.

I have no idea what is happening with the power wiring to those channel boards, or if the transformer shield wire (purple) is connected to chassis Ground. Hopefully those are sorted by now.

Very nice work! I like the Makerbeam style with wooden fascia! The decorative finishing washers are a nice touch. Are you going to leave it topless or do you have a top panel design in the works as well
Thank you Anand for now don’t have anything planned for the top but thinking of transparent acrylic panel will look cool with all blue leds

Reactions: 1 user