Seattle DIY show - Sept 9, 2023

In an effort to bring some sort of meaning back into the lives of Audiophiles in the Pacific Northwest, the "Sound DIY Club" along with the "Pacific North West Audio Society" (PNWAS) are joining up in order to hold "The Run What 'Cha Brung Audio Fest". on Saturday September 9th It's open to any DIY'ers that would like to show their home-built gear (in my case inserting the word "attempted" would be a worthwhile additional note!)
This is not a contest, or any sort of competition... it's merely to exhibit or demo any stereo gear that has been modified or built!

Now for the best part: It's free to attend, as well as free parking.

Mercer Island Congregational Church
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

The event will take place in the basement and is near the lower parking lot of the Church. Right now, it appears that it will start around Noon and start shutting down at around 4 to 5 O'Clock, although we would like to begin a bit earlier (Check back to see if the start time has changed).

Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
Terry Olson

I'm planning on bringing a new pair of 3-way speakers that are (finally!) finished. Seas 10" woofer and 4" mid, Audax 3/4" tweeter, with series crossover. Cabinets are bubinga with cocobolo edges.

Attachments

• IMG_3485.JPG
    IMG_3485.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3471.JPG
    IMG_3471.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 1 users
TerryO is planning on bringing his Open Baffle 3-way (8" Radian Co-ax and 18" in H-frame). It all depends on whether or not we can squeeze them in for transportation to the event. ;)
He also plans on bringing a tube pre-amp and a SS amp.

Attachments

• OB_pic.png
    OB_pic.png
    516.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3113.JPG
    IMG_3113.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3114.JPG
    IMG_3114.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My ride is a Toyota Tacoma . . . another popular brand in the Pacific NW.
TerryO's H-frames with 18" woofers are effectively 24" cubes. The 8" open baffles are not small either.
All kidding aside, there should be room. As a bonus, I've got a camper shell on the box, for any kind of weather.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The Tacoma Aroma... I spent four years revelling in it... whenever the wind shifted we'd be regaled with that stinky pea soup wood pulp smell.. from Fife? Puyallup?

All kidding aside... well, I wasn't kidding about the Tacoma Aroma... have fun. I'd love to see/hear those spheres but I'm 1200 miles south of you folks... 1170 from Tacoma proper. Will they show up in Petaluma?

Thank you to whoever organized this I am very excited to attend.

Hawthorne stereo is a great used and new shop. They are just up the street from where speaker lab was. Also there is definitive audio down the street from that.

Actually while the topic of shops is here I am curious if anyone has a Seattle area local electronics shop where I could grab, for example, a single resistor that I forgot or a cap I blew up.

I will probably bring a crossover I am proud of. Can't wait to see people's projects.

Thank you to whoever organized this I am very excited to attend.

Hawthorne stereo is a great used and new shop. They are just up the street from where speaker lab was. Also there is definitive audio down the street from that.

Actually while the topic of shops is here I am curious if anyone has a Seattle area local electronics shop where I could grab, for example, a single resistor that I forgot or a cap I blew up.

I will probably bring a crossover I am proud of. Can't wait to see people's projects.
Vetco in Bellevue https://vetco.net/ or possibly Radar Electric in Seattle or Bothell. http://www.radarinc.com/products/passive-components/ Of course Amazon can get you some things over night or same day.

Reactions: 1 user