Scott Wurcer of ADI fame passed away

Oh, that's very sad news indeed. His achievements were inspiring and even passing comments from him often led to new insights for me. A technical titan, Scott was generous with his knowledge and had excellent taste in music. A great loss for his family and the community. RIP.

Reactions: 2 users
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Scott was a friend, I unfortunately did not get to know him as well as I would have hoped as illness intervened. He was a regular visitor here for a number of years, and he was fun, his wry humor and willingness to share his knowledge and time with me and many others was his gift. A generous heart.

He gifted me his portable 100MHz TekScope from ADI days a number of years ago.

RIP Scott, I and the crew here in Boston will miss you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I used to enjoy reading Scott's posts as much for the music tips as the technical content (and some albums I bought based on his recommendations my wife has still not forgiven me for!). It's rare to find someone with both the knowledge and the willingness to tolerate idiots like me who needed it explaining twice. He also made me realise it's cool to let your kids have tattoos so I wasn't freaked out when my eldest had a full sleeve done to celebrate their PhD. Now to finish those project rabbit holes he sent me down...

RIP Scott

Reactions: 4 users
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Quincy Audiofest 2018. (Photos by me)

1711497457984.jpeg

1711497842302.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 13 users