Scott Wurcer of ADI fame passed away

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I just learned that Scott Wurcer of ADI passed away last week.
Scott was the designer of many great audio products like the AD745 series and the AD797.
The spectecular discoveries by the LIGO detectors were to no small part due to his ingenious chip designs.
AD sold more than a billion dollars worth of his ICs!

Scott was also an active member at diyaudio until a few years ago, always willing to help, as long as you were willing to do your part of the thinking.
We lost a great audio guy and a fine person.

Pic: Scott (L) and Laurie (6L6’s wife), on a beautiful sail after Burning Amp Fest some years ago, enjoying SF bay.

Jan

PA070037.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 40 users
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Scott Anthony Wurcer, 74, of Cambridge, passed away peacefully at home on March 18th, 2024, surrounded by loved ones.
Scott was born February 1, 1950, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Harry and Edith (Domack) Wurcer. He graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1973. He was named a fellow for his technical achievements and leadership at Analog Devices. He was passionate about his work, was a pioneer and made many contributions to his field.
Aside from his numerous innovations at work, he was an artist of many forms including Chinese brush painting. He loved world cuisines, the culinary arts, and had an eclectic taste in music.
He was an avid traveler, golfer, and enjoyed spending time with his family and dogs. He possessed a gentle nature, an open mind and an innate intellect.

• Thank You
Reactions: 11 users
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Damn, that's sad news. I met Scott a couple of times over coffee, and of course we conversed a lot here and by email. A very, very smart man and a pleasure to talk with.
A few years ago Scott generously sent me a lot of his discarded microphone projects and a TASCAM recorder. I still have them and use them, and will keep then as memories of a departed friend.
RIP Scott Wurcer - you contributed so much!

Reactions: 1 users