ScanSpeak D2905/9900 Revelator vs ... ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Which tweeter has the same quality as the SS Revelator ?
I really love the detailed sound of the Revelator but It can be sometimes too sharp.
So I'm searching for a other tweeter but with the same outstanding quality as the Revelator.

Can someone help ?
Thanks!

the new SS ring radiator maybe? hmm vifas ring radiator is claimed to be better than the revelator.. i dont know but its dirt cheap...i have orderd some drivers for evaluation i really love the revelator... i get back to u when i have compared them (under similar circumstances)

/micke

I have used the 9900 also, and yes very detailed but can be edgy sounding. Others say to use well designed LCR which can reduce the detail & attack but smoother sound.
For a few more $ try the Raven R1 ribbon tweeter, very smooth, more extended, infinite detail, but not sure if it images as well.
I hav'nt heard the Vifa XT25 referred to below but the local supplier admits its only as good as the 9300 & 500 tweeters but costs much less.
Another one to try is the Hiquphon tweeters at http://www.isa.dknet.dk/~hiquphon/page13.html

Ask around/read on the www.madisound.com discussion board, lots of good comments & very reasonable cost for Hiq tweets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.