Sample rate switcher for CamillaDSP

What happens? There will be some error in the CamillaDSP logs, what does it say?
It is now working.

Yesterday I connected up the RCA jacks to the SPDIF on board headers of the MCHStreamer kit, and I flashed it with the SPDIF_Only firmware. Then I changed from from using TosLink to using RCA cables.

Changing from TosLink to RCA should not have made a difference, though. Perhaps cold booting the Raspberry Pi and/or the MCHStreamer was needed, it is hard to tell. I don't see any issues in the log file.

Reactions: 1 user
I have also added notes about the fact that devices other than USB gadgets may not provide the necessary information on sample rate change.
I would suggest also adding something about what "usb gadget" means, early in the readme. It's very easy to mistake it to mean any gadget you connect connect to the usb port, like an usb audio device.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I have a small issue, and would greatly appreciate any advice if setrate can be the answer in my case. I need to free up some channels from my surround processor so I can add more subwoofers later in the year. Now I use the active crossover in the processor, and that eats up 6 channels for front LR. I have a Motu Ultralite on order, and would prefer to use the spdif output from my processor. I could add a asrc box between the processor and the Motu to set a constant sample rate, but would greatly prefer if everything runs at native sample rates. The processor (Trinnov amplitude 16) is basically a linux computer, but I have no idea if it can present the sample rate on a usb port so the RP has something to sync to.
Signal would be: processor spdif to Motu spdif, Motu usb to/from RP4 camilladsp, Motu to power amplifiers
Any suggestions?

@Stian ,
I would like to state first that I am not familiar with the devices you mentioned and with the use case described.
That said, if I understand correctly, the usb port of the Motu is meant for connection to a computer, so the Motu most likely acts as a peripheral. A USB host port is however required on the source side to use the RPi's USB Gadget as a capture device. Also it is not clear to me what the playback device on the rpi would be, as the Motu has only one usb port.
A possible solution would be using the spdif hat for the rpi mentioned by @HenrikEnquist in post #116, but it is a non-trivial diy project.

route the audio from the motu to camilladsp
If you want to route usb audio from the motu to the rpi and use rpi's USB gadget as a capture device, then the motu (not the trinnov) must act as host, but this seems not to be the case.
Most likely, the trinnov features a host-type USB port. If audio can be sent to that port, then you could connect the trinnov directly to the rpi, if that makes sense for you.
If you manage to use the rpi's USB gadget as a capture device, then camilladsp-setrate will work for sure.