Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

I don't know.
Without buffer the amp see the impedance of two resistors and cap.
If I'll use the buffer, i'll put it between volt divider and cap.
I 'm not an expert one like you Nick.
In my Borbely preamp I checked with and without buffer and the differences was evident.
More control and dinamic with buffer,but before the splitter there is a k170/j74 buffer, not 3 mosfets in TO220 like in DCG3!

Hi Don,

I use a simple metal sleeve cut from a piece of 1/4in ID threaded brass pipe. You could also buy something similar on Ebay; look for attenuator/potentiometer shaft extension. This is if you have a sheet metal front plate. If the front plate is thick metal or wood I think a simple hole will suffice. You can of course get carried away and choose to install a roller bearing; look for skate bearings they are small.
nash

I have ground (green yellow) for the DCG3 board which is connected to a CL60 (top left) before terminating at the PE point.

The transformers do not have any ground lines.

As for the UBiB, there isn't any ground apart from through the stand offs.

20200502_124852.jpg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Try something. Disconnect the CL60 from the PE but keep the green/yellow wire connected on its other end. Do the input signal wiring conventionally through the volume pot. Attach the CL60's free end on the volume pot's mounting hardware somewhere conductive. Does something change for hum?

By the way, the UBiB mounting points are isolated islands from its PCB's ground plane. No continuity there.