Rohde & Schwarz UPD: Troubleshoot then Restore to Glory

Confirmed.

Same PSU in .02 Variant (93 built) and .05 Variant (99 built).

My suggestion to all using the UPD actively is to stop and have the switching PSU serviced.

It is using those nasty RIFA capacitors in certain areas and they do show signs of premature failure.

To remove the PSU in .02 MOD, you have to strip the entire analyzer apart.

In .05 they revised the mounting.

Hi electronic, I have taken apart the PSU and confirmed it also uses RIFA caps and it is cracked as expected. There are 2 RFI filter Y caps and a cap from the primary circuit GND to the frame. Thank you for the warning.
I have ordered new RIFA and KEMET caps because one Y cap under the transformer (the left one in your picture) has very limited space to mount thus only RIFA fits here perfectly, although less reliable.
Some people say the recent RIFA one gets better and some people say they don't. I finally choose KEMET caps and mounted one horizontally.

There is a Schaffner inlet with a filter that has a high risk of failure, but I leave it today.

Hello Community,

I recently got my first audio analyzer, its an old R&S UPD (with black and white display), after some setup huddles everything now seems be working fine except that one of the analog analyzer card always has overrange error status no matter what setting I tried.
Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this problem and how to fix it.
I will appreciate any suggestions
Thank you.