rockford fosgate t40001bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used probe 2 probes to verify the clock is working correctly. ch1 on pin 2 of the hc74 ch1 on pin 5 the square waves were 180 degrees out of phase which what I expected. the lm5110 for out A and out B are out of phase it seems that amp is functioning properly until rail voltage is applied. if install the light bulb to limit current flow. is it okay to check for drive signal or while that damage the components

perry what I dont understand is with the current the current limiter installed, the voltages are low but they seem to sharing the rail voltage. once remote were is removed the Q432 voltages jump: black probe on ground.
power on:
1 = 3.725
2 = 26.50
3 = 0.001

remote removed:

1 = 0.001
2 = 82.5
3 = 0.001

I was right with the current limiter installed the amplifier will play audio fine. I have figured outthe problem Perry. the problem was me. Apparently, I have been very impatient and did not let the complete its warmup cycle. Meaning the FETS have high rail voltage until enabled and then begin sharing. this means the board is operating correctly and with your help and for the current limiter on the rail voltage I would not have got passed the mental barrier. Thank you Perry i think I have just gained vital knowledge from this.

I know the feeling. rebuilding this audio board for 3rd time is the definition of insanity too. I got a t40001bd in the other day with no mesha boards installed and instead they used a mica insulator and blue clamps. it was clean work but they used a different FET. the FET was a IRFP4229 which my curiosity I t
checked the data sheet and it candle 10amps less and wondering If that is why it failed

The failure could be due to the current rating. It could also be, in part, due to the roughness of the heatsink. Some are smooth enough. Some need to be sanded but keeping it flat when sanding is another problem. When replacing the MEHSA insulators, it's probably better to use a strip of copper stock (about the same thickness of the MEHSA) as a smooth heat spreader.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.