Rockford Fosgate Power 360a2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clip your meter probes directly across the two 0.1 ohm source resistors (one at a time) and connect a speaker or dummy load just long enough to see if the meter changes from 0.000 to something greater. Let me know what you find.

Are Q223 and D207 the original parts? If not, are you sure you replaced them with the correct components?

Clip your meter probes directly across the two 0.1 ohm source resistors (one at a time) and connect a speaker or dummy load just long enough to see if the meter changes from 0.000 to something greater. Let me know what you find.

Are Q223 and D207 the original parts? If not, are you sure you replaced them with the correct components?

Shall I re-install D204 and R274 for this test or leave them out?

I tested across both emitters while connecting a speaker and found

-0.195 vdc
-0.215 vdc

Amp draws current and pushes speaker all the way out.

Last edited:
Short the collector and emitter of Q223. The DC should go away.

Be prepared for something to get hot on the board. What gets hot/warm?

Yes the dc dropped down to ~1.551

Its hard to tell the components are so small, but using my heat gun and monitoring that little area, it seemed that D205 was getting the warmest compared to everything else but not 100% on that as I said components are small its hard to be 100%.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.