Rockford Fosgate Power 360a2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Look at the area around the driver transistors. Are there any solder bridges?

Clean all flux from the board and examine the area with a lighted magnifying glass.

A possibility on Q217 I removed old bjt and am installing new one, think solder might have sucked together underneath and not been visible from above. Dont know if this would cause it though....BRB

A possibility on Q217 I removed old bjt and am installing new one, think solder might have sucked together underneath and not been visible from above. Dont know if this would cause it though....BRB

I replaced it and am positive no bridge and same result.

Something I wanted to bring to your attention.....................

Q211 now that I know what terminal is what........................

Black probe on emitter red probe on collector 12.89 vdc

Black probe on emitter red probe on base 0.00 vdc

When I hole the black probe on emiiter and touch collector I hear a clicking or like something is shorting out, but very faint like a small component.

Do you think Q211 is shorted?

You can determine if Q211 is shorted by checking on ohms or diode check. I don't think it's shorted.

The problem seems to be in this area. Just to confirm... You still had DC on the output terminals when you removed Q213 from the circuit?

Confirm that R275 still reads 0.009.

What is the DC voltage across R274?

Q213 out of circuit DC remains on ouput terminal (YES)

Q211 black probe on emitter red probe on collector or base reads OL
Q211 diode check black probe emitter red probe on collector or base no beep reads OL

R275: 0.009 VDC

R274: 0.009 VDC

Last edited:
Do you read ~620 ohms between the points indicated by the arrows in the photo?

Attachments

• IMG_6018x.jpg
    IMG_6018x.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 57
You can determine if Q211 is shorted by checking on ohms or diode check. I don't think it's shorted.

The problem seems to be in this area. Just to confirm... You still had DC on the output terminals when you removed Q213 from the circuit?

Confirm that R275 still reads 0.009.

What is the DC voltage across R274?

Still wondering what the faint clicking could be when holding black probe on emitter and touching red probe on collector of Q211?

I think your right on the area where the problem is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.