Rockford Fosgate p1000-1bd no output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amp was bought as going into protect after power up.

Here is what I have for info

Input fets:
All gate pins have 5.4V.
All drain pins have (same voltage coming into the amp)11.9v.
All source pins have 4-7mv.

Output fets:
all pins have nothing on them, with signal or no signal coming in(Ill have to double check these numbers but I'm pretty sure there is none)
All fets check out

Notes:
If I put a little bit of bend or twist in the board by putting a little pressure on a corner of the board a high pitch noise comes from around the big 100v caps.

3 of the 6 input fets heat up hot on the right side of the board but not the back. I've moved the fets around and still all the fets on the right side only warm up.

The amp doesn't go into protect at all for me so I have no idea why there is no output.

Compare the voltage in the attached diagram to the ones in your amp.

Attachments

• rockfordvoltages01.png
    rockfordvoltages01.png
    846.2 KB · Views: 288
The number is on the face of the transistor. It should be MJD44H11. Confirm before ordering. Mouser and Digi-Key are reliable distributors.

You are correct. The ones i find are on simi. The ones on the board are fairchild. Seem to have the same data sheet. Will that hurt anything? Also is there anywhere else i should check before ordering parts so i dont have to do multiple orders?

So this one (bjt) i think what it is stopping the whole output side of the board not to work.

You can see the edge of the copper trace that connected to the pad (orange). It appears to connect to the via (green arrow).

See I already got that and I'm hoping it's not just a test point. If you look at this picture there is also copper trace above it I found. It's really close to where the pad was so I'm wondering if it connects up there also.
tdJQJXM.jpg

Also is it normal that there is 1v or so dc on the output with 40hz going in with that chip out? It has me worried. Without 40hz signal there is like less then 150mv dc on the output. I didn't test that long because I didn't want to damage anything.

I can't tell you what you would have on the output. That IC powers the drive circuit.

The copper near the trace is likely copper pour in the layout. If so, it's a fill that goes everywhere there isn't a trace. It's often connected to ground.

The attached image shows a board with a green mask instead of black.

Attachments

• circuitboardscanned01x.jpg
    circuitboardscanned01x.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 136
I can't tell you what you would have on the output. That IC powers the drive circuit.

The copper near the trace is likely copper pour in the layout. If so, it's a fill that goes everywhere there isn't a trace. It's often connected to ground.

The attached image shows a board with a green mask instead of black.

What does this circuit control that I'm fixing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.