rockford fosgate 1000bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With no power applied to the amp...

Measure the resistance from the gate leg of one power supply FET to the gate legs of the other 3 parallel power supply FETs. You should read precisely twice the resistance of the value of the power supply gate resistors. If you read more than ~1 ohm difference, check find the reason for it. Measuring from the leg of the FET confirms that you have a good connection between the FET, the circuit board and the resistor. Do this for each bank of 4 FETs.

With only ground and remote applied to the amp (no B+), measure the DC voltage on the gate of each power supply FET. They should all have ~1/2 of the voltage on the remote terminal.

ok well maybe hissing is comming from somewhere else. the power and protection light both come on and my power supply pegs the needle so i dont even keep the amp powerd up dont wanna burn something else up how do i check the srrp15's in it the 2 legged thing that look like fets this problem all started when i solderd one of thoose dual ferrite feed preps back in it sparked a lil and now i have all thoose power supply issues wondering what i might check next

hi perry i think i tracked part of the problem down its the power supply fets that are hissing at me i believe the surface mont diode is bad i think its the mmbz5257 its monted on the board right in front of the fets towards the torriod if that is bad could that be the problem making the fets hiss and wondering do i need to order a direct replacement or wondering what is a good cross to that part?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.