Robust Power Supply PCB suited to hi-quality amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, if I understand this correctly, I have three options if I want to build a stereo power amplifier using this PSU-board:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Besides being obviously more expensive, is there any benefit from option one (truly dual mono). Perhaps it could even be cheaper since you don't need the biggest of toroids, but two smaller ones.

Which of these is the way to go?

Ragnwald: As I understand it, there already is a rectifier bridge on this PSU-board. A single rectifier bridge, that is. Look at the schematics, top left, you'll see four diods and four caps.

So, I reckon you guys vote for option 2, is that correct? Which means I need a fat toroid with dual secondary windings and a center tap?

Can I buy yours Jan? I can see from your homepage that you have one for sale, from Toroid International AB, Sweden. What power output could I get from that transformer (2 x 42V, 800W)?

But... bbb... this is fantastic, how it is possible to get missunderstod.:eek: Perhaps i learn.

bomellberg, i know they are on the boards, i just wanted it to look much more clear, how the transformer is connected and functioning, nothing els.

I have built some dualmono tubeamps on singel transformers with two sec windings, never two bridge rectifiers on the same transformerwinding. But then i didn´t have any minusrail to deal with.

bomellberg, 2x42VAC makes 2x59VDC and a swing of some 120V i suppose.

Minimum buy

I apologize for saying 50 was the minimum to get this buy off the ground. I was thinking 50 pairs of boards, but typed 50. We really need to get 100 sold to make this group buy happen. If we want to go ahead with the group buy with only 50 PCB's, as you would expect they will be more expensive.
I would really like to get this group buy going and get these ordered. I really like the design of these boards and would like to get some for myself as well.
Please spread the word and let as many people as you can know about this group buy. I will do everything in my power to get the price down as low as possible for all of us, but it depends on total number of boards ordered.

Thanks,
Donovan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.