RMAA and T-amp: anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi mAJORD,
sorry for being so incredibly late in answering. We (me an my wife) had some health problems; :zombie: nevertheless, I made some homework on this subject...

First of all, Tripath confirmed me that ANY TA2024 amplifier needs two differential buffers (one per channel) to be connected to a single-ended soundcard.

The kind guys of the RMAA forum told me that (but I'm sure you read that) a professional soundcard with a balanced input would allow measuring a TA2024 amp without differential buffer.

In the meanwhile I got in love with the idea that a balanced (H-shaped) attenuator with quite high input and output impedance could allow joining the L and R "cold" terminals together... maybe not :confused:

I guess many people (me included) would be happy to read about your setup. Which soundcard? Which attenuator?

Thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay.
Massimo

HI, hope you're both well now :p

No I didnt use a differential output.. mine is an AMP1 , using the TA2024, which has single ended outputs. hence not required.

im not sure how you'l get around that problem for your 2022. without making a low noise low distortion buffer to interface it.

-ed forgot to mention, card was at the time a crappy soundblaster Live, but now an E-MU 404.

I am using a voltage divider to attentuate the output over a range of gain. but that is all

Now I understand...

...why I got puzzled. It's just a matter of numbers.

You tested an AMP1 using a TA2022 that is single ended, so "joining grounds" is perfectly ok, while my T-Amp uses a balanced TA2024.

I should have built a AMP-1 :bawling:
Maybe in the future :D
Massimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.