Revitalising a hardened cantilever suspension?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
recently I bought a AKG P8ES SuperNova cartridge that, judging by the seller's microscopic photos, appears to have a very intact vdH II stylus. Unfortunately it doesn't play loud enough (I own another one with an aftermarket Shibata stylus to compare with), and it distorts in reproducing heavy piano attacks. The other cart/stylus doesn't. So, regarding it's age of more than 30 years, I suspect the rubber cantilever suspension is hardened. Is there any way to revive it? Or are there people who offer new suspensions/cantilevers or what so ever as a service?
Best regards!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Some pics. The P8 rubber goes hard. Very hard so unlike say an ADC, you can't wiggle it a bit to get it back to life. Attached is one before and a couple of after shots. If you want to get yours in my next parcel to Russia to save postage happy to add it in.

Attachments

• akg before.JPG
    akg before.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 109
  • akg after.JPG
    akg after.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 110
  • AKG_2.JPG
    AKG_2.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 111
  • AKG_3.JPG
    AKG_3.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 107
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.