Return-to-zero shift register FIRDAC

The output sample rate spec in the table at page 12 of the datasheet indeed gives the impression that everything is decimated to either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz before conversion to DSD, but technically that wouldn't make any sense. Is it just an unclarity in the datasheet or a stupid internal interface definition by the AK4137 system designer resulting in a quite unnecessary decimation?

In either case, they are out of stock again at Digi-Key.

Reactions: 1 user
I have Valve DAC, DSC2 and Marcel's prototype RTZ but I have not done an objective comparison - they've been used in some different contexts and I consider all of them to be excellent and very listenable. I did post some listening observations between Valve and RTZ DACs earlier in this thread and that was with the exact same DSD data input arrangement and 'downstream' headphone based system. I suggest the best thing would be to build RTZ and form your own view of whether you prefer one to the other.
Still possible to get 1x Dac and Filter ?
Thank you

PCBs arrived today. I'll start packing them tomorrow and hope to get them all send out by next weekend.

lZB1nqi.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I've started to arrange onward delivery of the group buy PCBs and the first outbound packages will be collected from me on Friday. As the value is quite low and I have a few spare PCBs I am not including tracking to keep the cost down. I have updated the spreadsheet for packages ready to ship out and with the final settlement payment amount - would be good if people (highlighted in amber in the final payment column) could push settlement payments through to me via Paypal family and friends.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uKnO0GdXeRVG1_gdMzKvs1F0184cyWlzM4Ul6nbt7Io/edit#gid=0

I'll get some more packages labelled up this evening and tomorrow.

Thanks

Ray

Reactions: 1 user