Replacing sealed box subs and bass with Paraflex speakers?

BW,

Use the Alt + Print Screen keys while in the HR window.
Paste pic into Microsoft Paint (it's in the Accessories folder).
Crop the white out.
Save As jpeg in My Pictures folder, Desktop, whatever folder you want.
In a diyaudio thread, use the Post Reply or Go Advanced button.
Click on the Paper Clip icon.
Click on Choose File button.
Select your pic from My Pictures folder, Desktop, or wherever you saved the pic.
Click on the Upload button.
After the upload, click on Close.
Type something in the Message box.
Preview Post.
If it looks good, Submit Reply.

BW,

Crop the white out.
Select your pic from My Pictures folder, Desktop, or wherever you saved the pic.
Preview Post.

Hey, thanks for pointing this out (I cut /paste it all ) if I get to go into JPEG mode I’m good, because that’s so easy to operate and move around. I appreciate it and sorry about the phone pic thing . That’s been an issue on bulletin boards and forums forever sometimes you’re able to change the aspect ratio of the photo I think, but I’m rotating it intentionally to catch the 2 part HR screen fully which might be a bad idea, and not worth it if it’s bugging you :D:D

If this form let us correct things after the fact I could fix those right now….

Last edited:
~800 liter pflex morph

Attachments

• 6DA28611-F5A6-44B7-95DC-2204FB3BC3EE.jpg
    6DA28611-F5A6-44B7-95DC-2204FB3BC3EE.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 136
Smaller Roar morph.

I prefer to do a dual driver opposed with the forced cancellation and the total lack of vibes and dvrn order nonsense. but also it allows driver position from the nearest parallel wall / closed end of the pipe To be putting ideal position both for the links between the building in the rules and as a fulcrum point in its initial bounce off of the starting position which layer distance from . There’s a significant effect On things if it’s in agreement with the folding and the distances between The parallel walls and the frequency being played . mainly the 3 and 5/4 versions of the 1/4 harmonic and Basically you’re putting things in a position where they’re going to be ‘in sync ‘ so to speak , This kind of thing really stands out in parallel versions where timing is everything because if you’ve got junk from the get-go you can have super junk when you combine them. Not as much of an issue in the roar because of the simple and clean design and limited folding that they use and you can even see were on one end of all of them (the skinny qw path ) they come up short intentionally and block what isnt used at the very end where they do in the main path to maintain equal distances and a nice job of trying to play this out in a way that’s ideal. (I’m just guessing) , but it’s something I do all the time now with these as previous issues in the parallel versions had phase discontinuties directly associated with distances in driver to parallel end points….

Forsmann made a really nice one however it has no signs of any of that even though it did initially (unstufffed) , his cleaned up nice and provides a really good example in that regard

Attachments

• 27422651-5A2D-431E-A613-F678AC72F8ED.jpg
    27422651-5A2D-431E-A613-F678AC72F8ED.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 128
Thanks for your efforts, Booger weldz.

I think that I'll stick to my sealed subs though.

I've come to realize that I haven't got the time nor the enthusiasm to start on such a huge project.

Yeah I fall into that zone as well on drivers. Some make some really really crazy fun looking things but just became so gigantic to cater to the VAS and to drag that down and take a vantage of that low FS and really see where to go and when you it at something that clearly was where it wanted to .. be it’s so huge and And often daunting as it what’s going to really be able to push those gigantic columns in here and not summers in the park cross the imaginary boundary of push of bulk and all of that hard to say I guess maybe the size limitation at some point is helping us make a decision instead of wasting wood and the frustration of finding out the hard way

Measured distortion is actually quite low in a properly designed Paraflex .... USRFobiwan ("Plippie Plop" on Facebook) has proven this time and time again with his measurements ......

Group Delay is also tame and well behaved in a properly designed Paraflex (which is also something else people have made faulty assumptions about) ...... Moral of the story is that it is best not to assume anything:p

For those of us who don’t want to use FB, do you have any examples that you can share please? Ideally with the measurement conditions.

I think that many of the ‘distortions’ associated with alternative subwoofer loadings than the more common reflex and sealed type fall into the same kind of ‘not well defined’ psychoacoustic categories that Earl Geddes (and others’) research into subjective evaluation of things like THD and IMD.

I’m always looking to learn more on this front, and data on stuff that is fast becoming popular would be very useful. Klippel & Powersoft have shown that systems designed around resonance can compensated with smart electro-acoustic vettical integration, but you've got to quantify and model those things beforehand.

BW,

Crop the white out.
Preview Post.

Sorry to double post but try Win+Shift+S if you’re on Windows 10 or 11. You can crop a section of the full screen or a whole window, and use Ctrl+V to paste it into a folder directly.

When the new diyAudio forum software launches, you can paste directly into the ‘post reply’ box.

I happened to see and hear Forsman's take on Paraflex at a DIY gathering last Saturday and I liked them so much that I'm now curious enough to see if the principle can surpass my sealed boxed subs...

In my experience, once you have heard decent sealed subs, there really is no going back. The stored energy in other common loadings make them, to me, virtually unlistenable.

Yeah, once I built a true IB, all my various type vented alignments became 'critically damped' ones, so assume even these multi-resonant systems can be quelled, though may lose so much output in a HIFI/HT app to not warrant the extra build complexity.

That said, for prosound, the sheer volume, damping of a live venue should be plenty sufficient.

Pvc pipe inserted in the big mouth to the tonsils :D Or upstream of the rear output in a ‘roar ‘, or offset in a parafjex inverted. This is rocket science made easy.

This is uncharted territory full of gold. And the numbers all make sense as you can strip out the middle of a disaster and create a big fat bloated mound of legit bass response as good as any. Forget horns, pipe segments in strategy crack the code of the generic math or numbers of the universe. I dont know where that ends , but it has yet to fail to produce real results . Its the Golden ratio at 0.2618 (15 degree or cm of circunferece) And 2.628 (150) and 1309 at 7.5, 75, and 0.5238095238 at 30. The speed of light. In an arc second . Not 150 thousand kms at 500 seconds. This is the key to everything. Here’s why: 365.238095238. Days in 4 years is extra time in a place that Doesn’t exist . Its advancing ‘in time’ , both mathematically and for real. And is represented in all of quarter wave speakers as soon as people understand what that is how that works and where to look.

proof: 104.76190476190476… cm in a 299.792458cm pipe. That should be obvious in ‘OD’ mode., it certainly works quite well with a dayton audio RSS 265ho4. if people don’t understand that and what that’s doing they won’t ever understand anything, because that’s a pivotal moment and important piece of information that everyone should understand. That number that right there explains everything because of those numbers.

Nothing works the way it’s assumed . once to on the ‘other side’ . But this only led to the ‘real answer’ . The connection between the 3d and 4,5,6,7,8 D o math and acoustics . A fake number was made up to satisfy this and fit in spiral trigonometry but there’s a ‘real’ number as it seems that is close to my ‘fake number??’

0.5236. that’s the also the speed of light , in radians, defines the unit of the parsec to the Big Bang. Abd the Hubble constant. (Until the next one soon as the ‘Webb’ telescope will reveal .

I tweaked it to Satisfy the ‘leap year’ offset and it fixed everything in every speaker design I have yet to use it in. O.5238905238… or 104.7619047619. We can all see that in the OD mode where it is in its infancy too . Sim 105 in 300.,

Attachments

• 96EF24B8-2F4E-461D-8481-CEE3B56DE791.jpg
    96EF24B8-2F4E-461D-8481-CEE3B56DE791.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Yeah, once I built a true IB, all my various type vented alignments became 'critically damped' ones, so assume even these multi-resonant systems can be quelled, though may lose so much output in a HIFI/HT app to not warrant the extra build complexity.

That said, for prosound, the sheer volume, damping of a live venue should be plenty sufficient.

For whatever reason( I don’t know to be honest) but I have discovered the connection between the function of distance in length both long and small at the highest level(sun at fusion 1:4 to Saturn as 1440 degrees in distance as 360 x4) same as a minute in a day) or biggest intervals that we can understand and then shape in dimensions of math be at the circle from its own radius to the sphere to multiple spheres that stay in contact with the original sphere touching them and surrounding it in ways that exceeds the 12 or the six or the 24 that we can sort of grasp the concept it’s the 240 in the eighth dimension math of a sphere that I was he makes no sense it doesn’t have to does it make any sense to anyone it’s located in math that I don’t understand I doubt anyone does however it is absolutely positively functional look at the number for 240° on a circle it is the number in the volume of a sphere equation when radius equals one. Whatever that means to you or whatever presents that is part of all of this that I’m trying to convey sooner or laterYou’ll understand just keep giving it a chance or stay interested it will not disappoint you it fixes everything it works in everything it has everything to do with and surrounding that whole concept of odd harmonic. But the harmonic is something different I don’t really know how to explain that because there’s no one to explain any of this to except an engineer in South Africa who understand everything I’m saying in fact he’s putting it into his own designs and now he’s coming up with an entirely different driver from scratch for some reason he’s ‘ alll in’ . There while he doesn’t understand it completely yet either he does implement the idea as I suggested and saw what I’m talking about instead of just waiting for some typed words to magically explain the universe.

Clear acrylic tubes nested as a folded up 3x qw pipe driven by a little 4 inch Dayton TCP115 $12.50. If you do all the experiments that GM dd long ago with sonotub@ and with Little Styrofoam beads to levitate ossculsyikng patterns throughout you can find out what happened to the wave when you don’t screw up , you fold it perfectly and find the perfect location as the node or the anti-node to do it at. Everything must have the perfect bounce . not that other idea. (Advanced center line ) That probably works fine for some big goofy long vent or horn shape folded up like a THAM , something I guess, we can call that transmission line because it’s going to have a lot of transmission losses ironically. Bad folding in a bad shape for the wave to navigate .

Attachments

• B7936CEA-94D7-43B0-BB67-61A30C88FE88.jpeg
    B7936CEA-94D7-43B0-BB67-61A30C88FE88.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 78
In my experience, once you have heard decent sealed subs, there really is no going back. The stored energy in other common loadings make them, to me, virtually unlistenable.

This is very real and what you’re saying is the easy answer. And the things that you’re saying I completely agree with it happens and it gets really really bad the more more you want to push that in any way shape or form with the other side of the driver is just a vent eventually but it seems there’s one more part of all of that and it’s an area where you can actually get that vent lined up in a way that’s entirely different than what’s typically done or what you would anticipate getting that 90° part that’s always lingering for the 180° (I suppose that is a better way to describe it from fundamental to zero ) that 180° , that’s still there no matter what . and on the other end of that , at five times there’s another area that’s not conquered, It can’t be dealt with it . It just keeps slapping more and more on top of the problem if you try to fail it up . (This is 3x the fundamental typically in qw pioe ), but we have two sides of the driver to devote to this problem area above the BW.. but you can align that all perfectly and irregardless of it a big spike in response if it’s perfectly aligned it could be cut off with an EQ and then you still get all that energy that spread elsewhere and still remain aligned perfectly and while I’m probably not selling you on this as some kind of cure that’s not the intention the idea however it is that you are already right and what you said but if you want to play around just for fun and then the name of science there’s a much better way to doing all of the other things and it’s merely the fact that you can line both sides up by ducting on both sides in a way that while incorporating driver offset entry slightly and a few other things there’s a sequence of numbers that then you make another thing that works perfect and those numbers exist in our solar system as plants in there orbital resonances which are also distances from the sun. Once those are represented in the subwoofer suddenly everything changes there’s a window of something that might just be this holy grail or generic version of things that spin naturally will arrive at these certain locations be at degrees or centimeters of circumference or however you want to calculate that and then unwrap it and pull it apart and see what it looks like in that respect because that’s why this doesn’t make sense that kind of thing must be done in your brain or in the math or whatever to even understand what is taking place or what will be taking place at what frequency and what degree is a phase. As difficult as sloppy as that sounds all you have to do is copy whatever the heck it is in the solar system that already exists and once that’s in the simulation everything is obvious that who cares will never figure out what the heck it is in the math but whatever they already is in outer space is already working there’s the math that’s all we have to know., (and it works it even create a pattern at 860 hurts and above at 860 hurts over and over and over again which is a clear statement that everything is in a condition which can be called perfect perfectly aligned).,

That may or may not be better than sealed that’s irrelevant the point is it’s making a heck of a lot more sound energy than it would otherwise and if it’s further up the totem pole of clear and loud well they were winning no matter what and the room is what it is no matter what that’s after the fact but if you think about it and if you look at the picture I posted if everything is incorporated into everything and that’s not that hard to do then there’s some sort of answer here is a synchronousWith the orbital resonances (ironic with the typo keeps wanting to say residents when I say that and it dictates for me? Hahaha!! ) of the planets . Those all arrive at their location because of the number that represents the speed of light every single one of them can be derived mathematically to exactly is the dimensions of the sun in proportion this is fantastic information if somebody would apply it to a 90° triangle representative of our own planet from the sun as the long leg because once you do that do you understand all of this and you know what to tell horn response and you get the results which are the solar system.

Meanwhile yes we could’ve just put everything in a sealed box and been happy but look what we didn’t learn?? (That’s assuming that you understand what I’m trying to explain that even if nobody does at some point we all will converge and understand what I’m saying it just seems to be a little bit more trickier than I thought it first and then I realize exactly what we’re talking about here and how it isn’t as easy as it seems because I’m the guy that navigated the course to figure this all out and it’s easier to accidentally not considered that even though I look up to all the people in this forum as a source of more experience and more knowledge than I possess it still doesn’t help that I learned something somethingDifferent from all of that information or you do differently and came up with something and then expect somehow that that will be just as understood as I understood everything and everyone in this form taught me weird entanglement of something that is equally ironic how do you ever return favors do your mentors how does the master and the student ever appreciate things the other direction? I don’t know and there’s too many masters in here to thank just one. :D

But the answer to whatever it is I’m trying to convey is that a right triangle to our planet will have a hypotenuse and a short leg which is the diameter of the sun and twice it. That’s also represented when we start drawing things on graph paper the number 432 in the number 864, 1728, 2592… All of those as parts of the sun in dimensions are also parts of a circle in the 11÷7 version of it. 432 1000s of an inchIs the radius of the sun. And that’s also 11 mm. 0.433”. 11÷7 is 90° and you could see where we can go with this and we can figure out everything because every single transition of that is exactly a point in time to us and in space is a distance and location in reference to the sun and that’s the same numbers are logarithmic scale frequency millions of kilometers seconds and centimeters of arc circumference exchanged hands and that’s the math to everything both sound in the speaker duck system here on earth but thenIt’s also the exact location of planets in there orbital residence (resonance) locations

Including earth at 1.0 astronomical units and mars at 1.52, Venus at 0723 and mercury 0.3875.., That’s the speed of light broken into quarters and Mars is 225,000,000 km from the sun and earth is 150,000,000 km from the sun and now I see the speed of light at 300 millionKilometers from the sun is in fact broken down into an numerical reference which is the same quarters as it began to be at the center of the sun where it was a single hydrogen as a proton with atomic mass unit of one in moles per liter using Abogados number and pick with becomes helium four as an isotopeAnd that is fusion in the bases for everything in existence in the solar system and why all of this math and numbers sound ridiculous until you put them into a simulation and see what is really going on not just in outer space in the center of the sun but all the way back here we are arriving at the same exact thing no matter what the quarter waive the 1 to 4 and the golden ratio stuck inside of that at 02618 or 15° which is half the speed of light at 30° which is 05236 but when corrected to the the The office it in time for human beings on earth, 0.52380952380595238 is perfect every single way you spin round and round and even points out at four spins the same thing that the Japanese noted in the fifth century or something I don’t even know where that originates but it’s documented exactly what I’m saying exactly where that is 176÷7 and 175÷7 are unique look at those mean that’s the next quarter wave function but also1.75 inches can be drawn as an ellipse which spells out on a cube the The unknown connection in dimensions of math size space and frequency on the circle that…(44.45 mmmis part of the Elipse which has 2 other diameters… it defines phase being out of adjustment with pressure or velocity by a click what timing in intervals of the isometric graph paper which is allowing you to look at 30 6090 as 45° in perspective? It’s kind of weird but it begins to spell out something if you look at more and more of it in connected rectangles that are to the one on the cube and the fact that you can peel apart those pieces and look at a cube is also a hexagon we’re looking at it drawn in 3-D that’s not only a funny thing to look at in the coincidence mathematically you can pull out a part and Collett circumference of a circle that would’ve been over laid on that hexagon and each leg of that hexagon if it was to represent five the arc of the circle laid upon it was 5.236 in proportion to every single increment of that. That means 30 is 31.42857 in centimeters that means 12 of those is 6.2857142 however do you want to include the leap year and you want everything to work out perfect in this heart is very hard to explain it won’t make any sense but 05238095238 is the pick up of the slack in the system and it’s also why we have leap year at 360 that and multiply that times four do you have 1461And that is 176÷1 in radians which is already erroneous by 1÷7 Will fit perfectly and isometric graph paper drawing a cube of a certain size at all six sides and that explains why the hexagram is part of all this just like 60 seconds is 60° on a circle when using Pythagorean math which is not Greek it is EgyptianOrigin and the proof of that is in all of this until you look at the pyramid understand what I’m saying and what those numbers represent in the kings chamber which is a perfect rectangle 2 to 1 ratio of the cube that cube if it contained a sphere would be 52.36% different in volume displaced if you feel the cube with water and put the sphere in it. Origin and the proof of that is in all of this until you look at the pyramid understand what I’m saying and what those numbers represent in the kings chamber which is a perfect rectangle 2 to 1 ratio of the cube that cube if it contained a sphere would be 52.36% different in volume displaced if you feel the cube with water and put the sphere in it in it that same 52.36 in radians in an arc second is 30° technically it’s 29.972458 and if any of this makes sense and hopefully does this is the math to the entire universe and if you put it into horn response as a quarter wave pipe you understand exactly what that means because you’re sitting on the holy Grail of numbers when those numbers are describing circles or oscillations Or waves or whatever. But you need to look in a simulation to even understand what is being said and that’s how things always are when they’re not things that anyone can just understand or ‘get’

None of this will ever improve upon what you can just choke off in a sealed box or something of that nature that’s probably indefinitely true due to the room, but what if all these numbers and all of these things are in everything and proportions of them are as well this is a funny thing in a weird thing to learn car audio they all forget to Observer there I’ll forget that windshield is about the bill some crazy stuff but it’s normal the details and they just get loud and it knocks us and miss the whole interesting thing that they could be exploring and finding unique unique That gigantic wall of bass coming off of the B pillar of the vehicle or the C pillar of a SUV. That all could be surrounded by deep to the rear window absorber stuffed which will eat everything coming off of the windshield where their head is at in a high pressure zone already and …..

Too many things to do and find .

Last edited: