Replacement without Ferrofluid for SEAS "K 19 F"/H225 (H 225, H0225)/Vifa D19TD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Replacement without Ferrofluid for SEAS "K 19 F"/H225 (H 225, H0225)/Vifa D19TD

There are a lot of replacements for this tweeters. But I want a version without ferrofluid and with exact the same material for diaphragm (maybe "Supronyl" ??), which provides a very special sound character. Thanks for advices.
This high frequency driver was often used in Mission loudspeakers, e. g. Mission 70, 737 etc. - go to
Mission 70 - Manual - Two Way Loudspeaker System - HiFi Engine

Attachments

• Vifa D19TD.jpg
    Vifa D19TD.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 243
  • SEAS H-225_19tnf.pdf
    119.7 KB · Views: 72
  • SEAS H-225_19 rear.jpg
    SEAS H-225_19 rear.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 137
  • SEAS H-225_19 rear-II.jpg
    SEAS H-225_19 rear-II.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 126
  • SEAS H-225_19 front.jpg
    SEAS H-225_19 front.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 147
  • SEAS H-225_19 front-IV.jpg
    SEAS H-225_19 front-IV.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 163
  • SEAS H-225_19 freq.-resp.jpg
    SEAS H-225_19 freq.-resp.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 256
  • SEAS H-225_19 front+rear.jpg
    SEAS H-225_19 front+rear.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 282
  • Vifa D19TD Freq.Resp.png
    Vifa D19TD Freq.Resp.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 261
  • Vifa D19TD Freq.Resp.3D.png
    Vifa D19TD Freq.Resp.3D.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
If you find a pair with the correct dome material (Monacor?), you can just remove the FF yourself? I think I might have a pair of those tweeters from a pair of Mission 737R.
If there is the necessarily of adjust the voice coil, i. e. without automatic centering while screwing (in German language we call this "Zwangszentrierung" - maybe "constraint centering" in English ?, this is too difficult for me.

BTW - I don't need this tweeter for a one-time replacement. I need the replacement type as basic information, because I have many friends who have speakers with this tweeter in a not working condition.
The D2008 from scan speak resp. Hiquphon's OW-1 is a very good replacement, but the sound character isn't the same, therefore the question in post #1. Nevertheless many thanks for all information so far.

If there is the necessarily of adjust the voice coil, i. e. without automatic centering while screwing (in German language we call this "Zwangszentrierung" - maybe "constraint centering" in English ?, this is too difficult for me.

The voice coil will center itself just fine. The magnet is held to the front plate by three plastic tabs. Carefully pry them loose with e.g. a small flat screwdriver. It doesn't take much force, and you'll hear a small "click" as each tab goes over the notch. When all three are loose, lift the front plate with dome assembly off.

Once the tweeter is separated, use a cotton swab (e.g. Q-tip) to very gently clean off ferrofluid from the inside and outside of the voice coil. When that is done, the magnet gap has to be cleaned. Poking a strip of paper into the gap will absorb some of the oil. Repeat with fresh strips until no more oil comes out with the paper.

If the ferrofluid has dried out or become "sticky", you may have to add some kind of solvent to get it out. A few drops of regular white spirit should do the trick, but don't soak the entire magnet. :)

- H -

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.