Replacement Speaker for Boston Digital Media Theater Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Basically I have this really old Boston Digital Media Theater system, that still works perfectly even after 11 years or so. The only problem is that in the past 5 years or so the bass started to go 'floppy' through the subwoofer (it wasn't clear/sharp, it 'fuzzled' out). When I opened the subwoofer I noticed what the problem was, the plastic ring sitting ontop of the speaker started to deteriorate, the plastic was falling off
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement speaker for the subwoofer (and if its worth it to replace it). Apart from that the Boston Digital Media Theater is working fantastic :)

NB: I'm aware of the fact I'm responding to an old thread, I came here through Google and I just registered. However, I believe the issue is relevant to this topic and might complete it.
-----

Hi, Deteego, I hope you read this message.

I have the same problem as you can see. I removed the ring completely and the sounds isn't resonating quit as much as before. I can imagine quality will improve if repaired.

Indeed, I love this sound system and for me it is not replaceable.

Have you done the repair and can you give me advise?

2012_05_05_16_19_22.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.