RENESAS 2SK1058 2SJ162 Power MOSFET

The original Hitachi 2SK1058 2SJ162 have long disappeared from the market. NOS are very expensive and from unknown source. Some new MOSFET power amp design use the RENESAS 2SK1058 2SJ162 instead.

Currently, Mouser has the Renesas 2SK1058, but the 2SJ162 is out of stock. You can buy the pair from parts house in Hong Kong. Some even offer matched pair for additional cost.

What is the assessment of the RENESAS 2SK1058 2SJ162 in audio power amplifier construction?

The original Hitachi 2SK1058 2SJ162 have long disappeared from the market. NOS are very expensive and from unknown source. Some new MOSFET power amp design use the RENESAS 2SK1058 2SJ162 instead.

Currently, Mouser has the Renesas 2SK1058, but the 2SJ162 is out of stock. You can buy the pair from parts house in Hong Kong. Some even offer matched pair for additional cost.

What is the assessment of the RENESAS 2SK1058 2SJ162 in audio power amplifier construction?

RENESS=HITACHI, just a name change.

Exicon makes equivalents to 2SK1058 and 2SJ162, which are in current production.

Exicon Lateral MOSFETS - Cross-reference Charts

I used the Exicon replacements for the ALLFET lateral MOSFETS in my First Watt F7 clone, which has been in daily operation for more than two years now. Other members also used them and I have not seen any negative comments or complaints about their suitability to the task.

RENESS=HITACHI, just a name change.
It may be 55% true 20 years ago. It is possible that Renesas uses the die from Hitachi to make the 2SK1058 and 2SJ162 without change. Can anyone verify that?

wiki said:
Renesas Electronics started operation in April 2010, through the integration of NEC Electronics Corporation and Renesas Technology Corporation. NEC Electronics was established in November 2002 by a spin-off of the semiconductor operations of NEC. Renesas Technology was established on April 1, 2003, as a joint venture of Hitachi, Ltd. (55%) and Mitsubishi Electric (45%).

Exicon

Exicon makes equivalents to 2SK1058 and 2SJ162, which are in current production.

Exicon Lateral MOSFETS - Cross-reference Charts

I used the Exicon replacements for the ALLFET lateral MOSFETS in my First Watt F7 clone, which has been in daily operation for more than two years now. Other members also used them and I have not seen any negative comments or complaints about their suitability to the task.
I will have to buy 10 or more each from the Exicon outlet to get good price and worth the shipping cost.
ECX10N20 Plastic Lateral MOSFET | Profusion

For 1 or 2 pair, I found this UK seller on e-bay. Shipping is cheaper.
10N20 10P20 Audio Mosfet TO3P TO247 Exicon Lateral ECX10P20R ECX10N20R PLASTIC | eBay

Last edited:
You can see how a genuine Exicon bought from Profusion in a recent GB looks like.
Compared to those on ebay.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/att...8664d1501745467-uthaim-fun-fullsizerender-jpg

Cheers,
Patrick
Hi, Patrick, remember the post you made at the E19 headphone amp thread? You inspired me to look to experiment with alternate output MOSFET. I want to get 2 pairs to try it out on the E19, not 10 pairs.

The UK seller on e-bay post this picture. Does it look like genuine to you?
Exicon_mosfet.jpg

In the picture you linked, which, left or right, is the genuine Exicon?

Not sure about your question, but my parts are not 100% authentic bought from profusion.com a few years ago. The yellow dot on them shows they were -S “selected”. Not trying to sell them , we could split the shipping cost from uk to Us foe a larger order. I live in Chicago area ...

Your homepage seems to be unreachable.
http://tech-diy.com

Are you interested in selling your stock in retail?

I shut down the site -- it was causing havoc with taxes, besides it was written in an early MSFT web language which is no longer supported.

I would sell matched pairs, 2 of K1058 and 2 of J162 -- enough for at least one side of a 100W+ amplifier, for $24/set. Shipping depends upon location -- regrettably USPS has jacked up the price for Priority Mail since the turn of the year.