• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote trigger, momentary switch, soft start PCB (for First Watt or other projects)

Hi all,

My sincerest apologies for the long stretch of silence from my side. It was very busy the last few weeks and the envelopes I ordered for sending the PCB's took a very long time to arrive due to a issue with the shipping company.

I now have received the envelopes and am preparing the shipping as we speak. So it shouldn't be too long now.

Thank you for your patience and not if your not patient ;):cool:

Best wishes,

Maarten

finished but not connected

Hi there! I'm putting together... Anyone has got it completed to show a pic, just for reference, before I'm blowing my home? :D

Hi ghiglie, i made and tested 2 of them. I found that when i touched the switch contacts the circuit went on and off. I added a 0.1uF over the 555 V+ but didnot help. Then i added a 4.7nF capacitor parallel on R2. This fixed it. I use a low drop regulator and a 12V transformer as you can see in the picture. I also added a second fuse in series with the primary windings for securety. Regards, Loek

Attachments

• remotetrigger.jpg
    remotetrigger.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 297
  • remotetrigger 001.jpg
    remotetrigger 001.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 322
Hi ghiglie, i made and tested 2 of them. I found that when i touched the switch contacts the circuit went on and off. I added a 0.1uF over the 555 V+ but didnot help. Then i added a 4.7nF capacitor parallel on R2. This fixed it. I use a low drop regulator and a 12V transformer as you can see in the picture. I also added a second fuse in series with the primary windings for securety. Regards, Loek

Thanks Loek for your schemas and pic! I'll save them for reference. Nice idea about the fuse - if I get to source that easily, I'll take out the bridge. What LDO reg are u using?