• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Please count me for 1 of:

- Shunt regulator module for TDA1541A (+5V, -5V, -15V)
- separate Shunt regulator module for additional parts (+5V)
- DC reference module
- TDA1541 mudule
- Reference TDA1541A DAC PS Module
- Tube-I-zator V3.1 module

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

the Reference TDA1541A PS Module is discontinued. You could order only two of the +/- PS module to get the needed four voltage lines.

Please PM me for the Tube-I-zator.

Best,
Oliver

Joined 2009
Paid Member
aradan - 2x TDA1541A shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V)
vinyldehyde - 4x Red Baron 5.0, 2x TDA1541A shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V), 2x +5V shunt module (+5V/+3.3V)
polaron - 4x +/- PS module, 2x TDA1541A Shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V), 2x +5V Shunt module (+5V/+3.3V)
Mayday - 1x Red Baron 5.0, 2x DC Ref. Module
steveware - 3x Red Baron 5.0
robots - 1x Red Baron 5.0

OK, so I'm having a conversation with myself here, but for anybody interested in the future, I managed to solve my i2s problem with the Red baron v.5.0. I got really lucky!

Originally I had figured that although the new diode array i2s attenuator asked for 3.3vDC, I would probably get it to work with 5v, using my existing regulator. FAIL

I got lucky because I disconnected the power from the regulator, and as the capacitor let out it's reservoir of power, I got a split second of music, demonstrating that I needed a lower voltage, probably 3.3v.

So, I did all of the modifications to the regulator this evening to get it to run at 3.3vDC. All good, and fired up at 3.3v, but still no music. Aaaargh!!!

I had the idea to check if it worked at a different voltage, as I had demonstrated that it would work for a split second if unplugged completely.

As I went down from 3.3vDC, I eventually got distorted music at about 3v, and clean music at about 2.54vDC, the lowest my regulator would output.

So I'm happily listening to some great music again, at 1.45 in the morning with the attenuator at 2.53v!!!

Hi Oliver

I have an issue regarding the Red Baron v.5 i2S attenuator. I altered my shunt reg to produce 3.3v, to comply with the new attenuator, but discovered that at 3.3v I got silence, and had to lower the voltage to it's lowest setting of 2.54vDC at the end of the trim pot to produce sound.

Now I have incorporated your nice I2S splitter, the small circuit board that allows a switch for two i2s sources. I have tapped i2s from my Airport Express, and am feeding i2s from this into the second position on the switch board. At 2.54vDC I get crackle through the speakers, and if I pull the voltage from the i2s attenuator, a brief moment of music from it, indicating that it requires a further reduction in voltage to the i2s attenuator.

So, can you suggest a possible reason why my i2s attenuator requires less than 2.5vDC to operate properly, and also please how can I adjust my shunt reg to supply the required voltage for the Airport Express i2s output?

Many thanks
Lucas

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Oliver

I have an issue regarding the Red Baron v.5 i2S attenuator. I altered my shunt reg to produce 3.3v, to comply with the new attenuator, but discovered that at 3.3v I got silence, and had to lower the voltage to it's lowest setting of 2.54vDC at the end of the trim pot to produce sound.

Now I have incorporated your nice I2S splitter, the small circuit board that allows a switch for two i2s sources. I have tapped i2s from my Airport Express, and am feeding i2s from this into the second position on the switch board. At 2.54vDC I get crackle through the speakers, and if I pull the voltage from the i2s attenuator, a brief moment of music from it, indicating that it requires a further reduction in voltage to the i2s attenuator.

So, can you suggest a possible reason why my i2s attenuator requires less than 2.5vDC to operate properly, and also please how can I adjust my shunt reg to supply the required voltage for the Airport Express i2s output?

Many thanks
Lucas

Hi Lucas,

unfortunately i have no idea why you have the 1st issue with the Teradak X2. Mine runs perfect without problems with 16bit/44.1Khz and 3.3V at the RB.

Did you know witch sampling frequency comes out of the Airport Express I2S?

Best,
Oliver

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Pre order list

vinyldehyde - 4x Red Baron 5.0, 2x TDA1541A shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V), 2x +5V shunt module (+5V/+3.3V)
polaron - 4x +/- PS module, 2x TDA1541A Shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V), 2x +5V Shunt module (+5V/+3.3V)
galbucci - 1x Red Baron 5.0, 2x +/- PS module, 1x TDA1541A Shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V), 1x +5V Shunt module (+5V/+3.3V)
gig - 1x Red Baron 5.0

Last edited:
galbucci - 1x Red Baron 5.0, 2x +/- PS module, 1x TDA1541A Shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V), 1x +5V Shunt module (+5V/+3.3V)
gig - 1x Red Baron 5.0

Can you please add 1x TDA1541A Shunt module (+5V/-5V/-15V), 1x +5V Shunt module (+5V/+3.3V) in my list? Thank you.
Giovanni

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.