Reference full range or coaxial driver suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bet that single driver would have a hard time with the 110 dB demand...

... I have yet to try and measure that high, do not know how far the FC152 will go, but should not be too far off? Would have to go talk to the neighbours first if I'm to try this indoors.

Have been oogling the football (soccer) field close by for a while, but there's a lot of wet snow now. Getting power to the middle of the field would also be difficult.
Waiting for a new amp so I can feed all the boxes with enough "oomph" for a proper test run.

The driver and a correct woofer could be the pinnacle of DIY design for me.....
I must admit, I am still interested in the discussion going on in my thread (Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high spl, low distortion with a 2-way?) regarding a competing 2 way (30hz linear to 19-20khz, reasonably loud (~120db)). It seems that a nice horn has better off axis response than a coaxial, and if I got some warble at high volume from the midrange spectrum of the woofer, it might be acceptable, especially if, the flaw is minimal at lower volume (87db) which is an acceptable mixing level.

The driver and a correct woofer could be the pinnacle of DIY design for me.....

Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high spl, low distortion with a 2-way? regarding a competing 2 way (30hz linear to 19-20khz, reasonably loud (~120db)). It seems that a nice horn has better off axis response than a coaxial, and if I got some warble at high volume from the midrange spectrum of the woofer, it might be acceptable, especially if, the flaw is minimal at lower volume (87db) which is an acceptable mixing level.

Welcome to my 'world' ;).

Of course you can, it just won't fit in a 'monkey coffin' [typical consumer size] and fairly expensive as DIY goes.

A well designed H.E. system won't 'warble' at small cinema and studio high SPL, both louder than most folks will tolerate at home.

GM

That is a subWoofer. I doubt it is really suitable for a WAW/FAST system as you can’t cross it high enuff (despite the published graph). i like using multiple smaller drivers.

My favorite midTweeter is the Mark Audio ALpair 7.3 (A7.3eN, A7 MAOP).

Ar eyou bi-amping.

dave
you can actually cross Dayton Ultimax pretty high of you are driving it with less power, Like 2 or 3W instead of 100s of watts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.