• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Ok, a new firmware for the dam1021, now rev 1.21.
I have reworked the whole clocking, so hopefully the clicks are gone...
People who had problems with clicks, please try it and report back asap.

If it works fine, I will continue the work with firmware for the other boards since I'm in firmware mode....

There is a link to it on the download page on soekris.dk, or use this direct link:
http://www.soekris.dk/download/dam1021/1021full_121.skr

New firmware appears to be stable, locking to different sample rates seems very fast, played a bunch of stuff of varying rates. No pops or clicks to note, however I don't know if its just me or if both boards are tracking one another better or closer, at least more consistently, before it seemed as if it would randomly be off at times large enough to notice, but the next samplerate change it would be fine. Going to need @ynmichael's opinion on that one.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...however I don't know if its just me or if both boards are tracking one another better or closer, at least more consistently, before it seemed as if it would randomly be off at times large enough to notice, but the next samplerate change it would be fine. Going to need @ynmichael's opinion on that one.

What does the un-tracking sound like?

//

Thanks!

The question is about resistance between:

L+ and R+ pins. OK?
Yes
But maybe also 625 ohm even if ground isn't involved?
I do not think so. You have the equivalent to two 625R resistors connected together via ground.
If not powered?

//
That should be around number of bits times the "back bone" resistor, so about 28x 5000R for the 1021.
As if not powered the shift registers have high impedance to ground. Respectively twice that value if you measure between L and R.

Edit:
Error: as you have per channel two back bones (pos and neg part of the ladder) you get only half of that if not powered.

Last edited: