Real Estate Prices

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It's a Nibe F1155
Ground-source.

Hopeless here. Bedrock is less than 2 feet/61cm below the "ground", except where it sticks out. Essentially, bedrock is "at the frost line" because much of the overburden is bedrock fractured by a million Maine winters. A couple of attempts to heat-pump Maine have gone broke. Either the pump can't work that far up-hill 3 months a year, or it busts a gut trying. (We may be getting technology your market rejected: the F1155 COP falls-off just where Maine heatpumps give up.)

Actually, the legal system of measurement in the USA is Metric.
If you have a dispute, the standard to be used is Metric, and this has been so for about a century.

1 square meter is 10.76 square feet.
Less hassle nowadays with smart phones, the calculators in Android are pretty versatile, no need for net in some cases.

National Geographic, my school days.

Here, the official court language in the District and higher courts is English, and if the statements / lower court orders are in a different language - we have many - a language translator gives an English version, which is the final and binding version.
The translator is certified to do so, and must have degrees in at least one of the languages, and pass court exams to qualify as an official translator.
That is the position in the USA for Metric...the final binding standard.

Further reading here...:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States#Cultural_impact

It seems feet, and other English measures, are defined in SI units, though I did not read the article fully.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I don't understand that ft2 stuff Jan, aren't you from a civilized part of the world?
Attached is a map of who uses metric and who doesn't.
View attachment 1066408
I'm just trying to help our metric-challenged friends ...

BTW The Boris has said he wants UK to go back to Imperial. That's politics for you: everytime the top guy has a problem, the country is thrown back in time. Brexit, Imperial. Ohh well.

Jan

Reactions: 1 user