Raidu FTT75 or Accuton C²12-6 tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Accuton has much better vertical dispersion, and does sound very detailed, very clean. The Raidho is not as detailed and 'sss-es' can sound I bit harsh. I do not know the Accuton good enough, I think those units have no "emtion" compared to AT/ Scanspeak/ Seas.

Taco said:
Accuton has much better vertical dispersion, and does sound very detailed, very clean. The Raidho is not as detailed and 'sss-es' can sound I bit harsh. I do not know the Accuton good enough, I think those units have no "emtion" compared to AT/ Scanspeak/ Seas.

Thanks Taco,

Maybe you know about Morel Supreme 110?
I use with AudioTechnology C-Quenze 18H 52, and I search around "Best tweeter" that I can buy.
I think about Mundorf Magnetostatic tweeter, Morel Supreme 110, Accuton Ceramic, Raidu...

Anybody can help me please?

Audist said:

Thanks Taco,

Maybe you know about Morel Supreme 110?
I use with AudioTechnology C-Quenze 18H 52, and I search around "Best tweeter" that I can buy.
I think about Mundorf Magnetostatic tweeter, Morel Supreme 110, Accuton Ceramic, Raidu...

Anybody can help me please?

I use an AudioTechnology C-Quenze 18H 52 in combination with a Morel Supreme 110, it is a very good match. The FFT is also very nice but I do not recommend to use this tweeter with 18H, because you have to cross to high (FFT <3500 Hz begins to sound a bit strained). Therefore I use the fft with an AT 15H and the morel supreme with an AT 18H.

I think you can forget the Accuton, I would use a softdome/ or magnetostatic tweeter. If you go for Mundorf I would suggest the airmotion transformers 2340/2440. I have used the Eton ER4 and liked it very much.

As always every mentioned tweeter is very good, it is the match what is important and also you're subjective taste.

p.s. you're lucky we have the same driver choice :).

Attachments

• 934-ebenunder400.jpg
    934-ebenunder400.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 560
Taco said:

I use an AudioTechnology C-Quenze 18H 52 in combination with a Morel Supreme 110, it is a very good match. The FFT is also very nice but I do not recommend to use this tweeter with 18H, because you have to cross to high (FFT <3500 Hz begins to sound a bit strained). Therefore I use the fft with an AT 15H and the morel supreme with an AT 18H.

I think you can forget the Accuton, I would use a softdome/ or magnetostatic tweeter. If you go for Mundorf I would suggest the airmotion transformers 2340/2440. I have used the Eton ER4 and liked it very much.

As always every mentioned tweeter is very good, it is the match what is important and also you're subjective taste.

Taco said:

Hi Taco,

Thank you,
I want to make loudspeakers with the best sound that we can got from loudspeakers in price range of 10,000 - 15,000$ retail.
Similar to Rockport Technologies, Peak-Consult... they us with the C-Quenze 18H 52 also and Soft Dome Tweeter.
The Rockport Technologies use with Dynaudio Esotar D330 (I think) and I understand that Morel Supreme 110 is very similar tweeter in lower price. Is right?

Regarding to mundorf, No! Mundorf design new tweeters - Magnetonic Driver.

I'm very like the sound of Rockport Technologies Merak II loudspeaker and the Peak Consult InCognito.

Why you think that Accuton not sound very wall Vs Silk dome tweeter? I nwver try the Accuton tweeters, but I try Morel MDT43, MDT33 and is sound very great...

What you think about Mundorf (or Eton ER4) Vs Morel Supreme 110?

Is really great that we use with the same drivers :)

P.S You have massenger or ICQ that I can talk with you?

I've listened to both speakers designed by Taco. I would have to say that I like the smaller Raidho/15H sytem better than the Morel/18H design.

But that's just me. If you like warmth over detail, the 18H/Morel combo is the way to go.

And since Morel is from Israel I would think that tweeter can be bought for a reasonable price?

Good luck!

David Gatti said:
Taco
Which combination do you prefer - AT 18H/Supreme110, or At 15H/FFT?
Are the sound differences significant?

The 15H has more dynamics, very large motor and the cone is stiffer due to the smaller diametre. The 15H/FFT combination has a more direct sound and details are presented with more resolution. The bass is tight with enough slamm.

On the other hand the 18H/ Supreme 110 combo has better texture and more "chest". The presentation is more fluent, and is a bit darker. The 18H has more bass, but it is less tight. The polyprop. cone is already flexing. The 23I suffers even more, good definition, but no slamm.

I like both speakers, but I have to choose it's the 18H, I prefer a bit more body.

Audist said:

Hi Taco,

Thank you,
I want to make loudspeakers with the best sound that we can got from loudspeakers in price range of 10,000 - 15,000$ retail.
Similar to Rockport Technologies, Peak-Consult... they us with the C-Quenze 18H 52 also and Soft Dome Tweeter.
The Rockport Technologies use with Dynaudio Esotar D330 (I think) and I understand that Morel Supreme 110 is very similar tweeter in lower price. Is right?

Regarding to mundorf, No! Mundorf design new tweeters - Magnetonic Driver.

I'm very like the sound of Rockport Technologies Merak II loudspeaker and the Peak Consult InCognito.

Why you think that Accuton not sound very wall Vs Silk dome tweeter? I nwver try the Accuton tweeters, but I try Morel MDT43, MDT33 and is sound very great...

What you think about Mundorf (or Eton ER4) Vs Morel Supreme 110?

Is really great that we use with the same drivers :)

P.S You have massenger or ICQ that I can talk with you?

The morel supreme 110 is an improved estotar 330, it has not the powerhandling but the signature is similar. The 110 sounds wonderfull in combination with a AT.

An ER4 is very good, I think the Mundorf AMT tweeters are improved, but I have not heard them yet. ER4 has another presentation than Supreme, more open sound, and more realistic soundig. I think it should be a good match with AT. I prefer ER4 above FFT (personal taste :)).

mail me to get my ICQ.

Taco said:

The 15H has more dynamics, very large motor and the cone is stiffer due to the smaller diametre. The 15H/FFT combination has a more direct sound and details are presented with more resolution. The bass is tight with enough slamm.

On the other hand the 18H/ Supreme 110 combo has better texture and more "chest". The presentation is more fluent, and is a bit darker. The 18H has more bass, but it is less tight. The polyprop. cone is already flexing. The 23I suffers even more, good definition, but no slamm.

I like both speakers, but I have to choose it's the 18H, I prefer a bit more body.

The morel supreme 110 is an improved estotar 330, it has not the powerhandling but the signature is similar. The 110 sounds wonderfull in combination with a AT.

An ER4 is very good, I think the Mundorf AMT tweeters are improved, but I have not heard them yet. ER4 has another presentation than Supreme, more open sound, and more realistic soundig. I think it should be a good match with AT. I prefer ER4 above FFT (personal taste :)).

mail me to get my ICQ.

Hi Taco,
What the volume of the cabinet that you use with the 15H and the 18H and where you tune the bass feflex port?

I never try the 15H but I try the Fluxunits 4" and is great sound. I think the 18H sounding better and even Mr. Skaaning say "It has better performance in every aspect."

I will send you email...

Thank you :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.