questions preamplifier aleph P1.7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You will need a VolControl module for the RelVol3.
If you decide to use the RelVol3 just send Mikkel a note and he will make sure you get what you need. I have used 3 of his attenuators so far and I am very pleased with them.

A quad 5K Alps pot will work fine if you like the sound of Alps pots, but the relay attenuator is much more transparent and isn't that much more expensive. That's up to you.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi vivanco.

I am travelling down a similar path. Did you manage to get the Dantimax volume n controller working?

Regards,

nic

I used Dantimax gear for my P1.7 build, and there is really no issue with getting it working. It's well sorted kit and does what it says on the pack. The difficulty is working out what you want to achieve.

I ended up using:

Control1
RelVol3
78xxPSU1
Input2

and a Samsung VFD from eBay.

I'd also recommend picking up one of his universal remotes that covers all the features you need to control, even if you only use it to program a learning remote. Things like volume offsets can only be programmed with the remote for example.

I'm also using Dantimax for my P1.7.

Control 2 with front panel 1
Relvol 3
Input 2
Stanby 1 PSU
LCD 16x2BB display (will be changed for OLED 16x2BB)

Attachments

• DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    382.2 KB · Views: 198
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
The only issue I've had with Dantimax is that response from Mikkel can be slow - and I mean weeks waiting for response at times. That said I've ordered things from him on 4-5 occasions and he has delivered without fail. Last order was September 2014 when I finally got around to putting the P1.7 in a proper case.

Add to the parts list - Front Panel 1 (2 encoders)

Attachments

• IMGP6001.jpg
    IMGP6001.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 199
  • IMGP6005.jpg
    IMGP6005.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
which impedance values do you use with your dantimax?

I have 5k at the output of my AP.
Thinked about to reduce it to 1k. but dont know if its worth the work.

What do you mean 5K vs 1K at Output?

heard about some use 10k without problems...

greets alex

I'm using 1k at the output as per the Pass P1.7's.

I believe lower is better with the attenuator at the output, as this is effectively the output impedance of the preamp. 10K would work providing your amp has sufficiently high input impedance - 100K or more would be best.

1K should be compatible with most amps.

Only one more comment about Dantimax

i Talk to his Mother in April ,,gave me no result..so you can say slow delivery ,,but i newer get my order..i been lucky,,it was only 70usd i lost--

Good luck to you, who is going to build the Aleph pre,,it is great sounding..(i do not use it anymore,,use tube pre now)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.