QUAD FM4 always go to prest 2 at power on

The MP4480 is a factory programmed texas TMS1000NLC

Thanks. It has a mask ROM, so it can't be slowly forgetting its program, like an old EPROM or flash memory could.

According to section 2.10 of the datasheet, a reset is generated internally, but the TEST pin (pin 9) can be used for an external reset if the supply rises slowly, see https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/1284216/TI/TMS1000NC.html

However, in the FM4 schematic you posted, pin 9 is connected to the switch matrix via a diode...

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
5.2 V is 1.3 V per cell, that's not unusually high.

True up to a point. Its at the top end of high 24 hours after charging finishes.

(I had a mains timer switch that started having an over contrasted LCD display such that you couldn't read it correctly. It used a single 1.2 volt cell for backup and that was also (bizarrely) used for limiting the voltage to the chip almost like a Zener. The voltage was around 1.8 volts when plugged in and overdriving the display. The cell had failed even though it provided a backup supply)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Which LED?

The 8 front panel ones appear to be driven from the uP... so checking the 12 volts feeding those would be the first check.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 104547.png

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That sounds like they are using it as a low voltage Zener of some kind.

I really don't know what to suggest next tbh. The chip would have be the last suspect normally but eventually you reach a point where you just have to try it if only to prove it good... which I know is easier said than done. Beyond that you are looking to see what changes when the battery is fitted vs when removed and why that makes a difference. Absolute levels of the rails and perhaps rail sequencing... those 100uF caps C11 and C12. Once you have looked at all those things you have to try the chip.

I recently purchased a quad fm4 tuner serial 24996, i can manualy tune any station but when i try to save i can do it at preset 2 and it saves it to 1 and 2 with same frequency, then if i try to save a diferent frequency in preset 1 it saves and changes the number 2 as well to same, when switched off no matter what station allways start at number 2 preset.
when i press the preset buttons from 2 to 1 it goes, but not from 1 to 2, i need to press 5 and then i can press 2, if someone had such issue or have possible slution i will apreciate
T:I:A
Is it possible that there is a menu in the tuner that lets you select a station that comes on at powerup?