Q about placing tweeter below midbass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Designing a 2 way and may need to position midbass above tweeter. Tweeter will be in time aligned waveguide. Q I see most if not all designs with tweeter below have no baffle tilt. Will a baffle tilt of 4 degrees be ok? Height with stands will be 90cm, tweeter height around 70cm.

It's not really necessary; though mine are tilted slightly due to how close I am to them (small room).

The important thing is to get the offset right when designing your crossover. Get a tape measure and measure from the listening position. That will give you the correct offset for each driver.

Attachments

• D72_7417_DxO 1024.jpg
    D72_7417_DxO 1024.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 225
In the past, tweeter below the midwoofer was done on a lot of speakers that used BW1 (norm polarity) and BW3 (rev polarity) to compensate for the downward polar tilt (approx -15°). Reversing the drivers can give an approx +15° tilt if offsets have been taken into account. This gives a ZDP (zero delay plane) close to 0°.

Hardly ever see it these days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.