Pure Evoke Flow Internet Radio

Previously interested parties have dropped out when it came to payment time, probably due to the price. I guess people assume the displays are going to be a cheap part. Unless I order lots (>100 pieces) these won't get much cheaper, although I could ask for slower delivery to UK (10-30 days) and post them out using standard letter post (at your own risk) but it will only take about £1.50p off the overall price.
Similar items are available on eBay for <£10 delivered, however similar the items appear to be they are not the same. So - I got quotes from multiple suppliers in China and most were >$20usd per display + shipping/duty etc.

So as it stands they will be £22 inc. UK 1st class recorded post, £29 to Europe, Tracked & Insured.

If anyone wants to drop out now that's fine, just ping me a PM or post a message on the forum.

Hi AJS Dyno - I'm still in for two displays = £44.
Thanks

The displays have left the manufacturing facility and are making their way to the export point in China, this part of the journey seems to take longer than necessary but what do I know :)

FYI, with the new discount I got from the supplier and the exchange rate, I'm working towards a price of around £19.80 inc post (1st class) for one and £38.00 for two inc post (1st class signed for).

There are still some displays available so let me know if you want one and I'll add you to the list.

The list so far:-

elecroly +2
ec1ct +2
Justin76 +1
noigardo +1
Badger +2
Gttnewbie +2
purejon +1
Rowbo +1
Titanium rider +1
Mrg481 +1
Jamie35 +1

Last edited:
19 reserved so far, only 11 remaining.

Current schedule is that the displays will be with me on Tuesday/Wednesday so prompt payment will help me get them out to you ASAP :)

To save loads of private messages I may post the payment details here but I will check forum rules first.

elecroly +2
ec1ct +2
Justin76 +1
noigardo +1
Badger +2
Gttnewbie +2
purejon +1
Rowbo +1
Titanium rider +2
Mrg481 +1
Jamie35 +1
Impulse Tryer +2
xtof41 +1

Hi All,
I'm back with 4 spare displays, currently on sell on EBAY, ( search for 142614338932 in search field).
if someone is interested I can offer it outside ebay at 20€ + 7.5€ for EU shipping DHL Express, or on Ebay i accept 22 € as offer in "Make Offer" + 7.5 € for EU Shipping DHLExpress.
Alberto

Replacement Display

Hi alprampo,
I've been trying to get another display, but have been ignored so I'm looking to buy one from you. Couldn't find it on Ebay, but have Paypal and will PM my address to you.
Thanks.
Hi All,
I'm back with 4 spare displays, currently on sell on EBAY, ( search for 142614338932 in search field).
if someone is interested I can offer it outside ebay at 20€ + 7.5€ for EU shipping DHL Express, or on Ebay i accept 22 € as offer in "Make Offer" + 7.5 € for EU Shipping DHLExpress.
Alberto

Hi alprampo,
I've been trying to get another display, but have been ignored so I'm looking to buy one from you. Couldn't find it on Ebay, but have Paypal and will PM my address to you.
Thanks.

HI Stewart,
sorry for delay in reply,
I sold all available using ebay, but 1 still have not received payment since 3 days.
tomorrow I can start procedure to claim for that, and probably i can close the auction without commit.
I'll keep you posted.
Alberto

Replacement is really easy, main thing is to get a torch to see where the ribbon cable goes into the connector, there is a tiny tab on each side of the connector which effectively jam the ribbon into the connector. these tabs need popping up and the ribbon just slides out.
Unscrew the 4 tiny screws securing the display back plate and lift out the display.
Gently peel off the copper backing shield and stick it to the new display.
Gently fold the ribbon over the back of the display and post it through the guide slot (which is stuck to the copper).

Refit, push ribbon into connector, push down the tabs, refit the back of the radio, turn it on, have a beer. Saved yourself loads by doing it yourself and rejuvenated a perfectly good radio.

Cheers!

Help. Followed instructions but no display. Took apart and think I had the tape in the wrong way, tried to take display out but stuck to screen, the strip cane off display. Can it be fixed? Please see image below.

Attachments

• 74BDADC3-BA9B-4007-A6CA-4429FB685D81.jpg
    74BDADC3-BA9B-4007-A6CA-4429FB685D81.jpg
    798.2 KB · Views: 148