• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pure Evoke/Avanti Flow - New Display Module

Address please

Hi LouiseF, If you see this please PM me your address so i can post out your display, thanks!

Note to anyone else, when paying by PayPal please also include your address as PayPal doesn't normally pass it through with the transaction. Or alternatively send it via PM.

Last edited:
Fitting issues list.

A few people have had one or two issues whilst fitting their display so I think it best to list here for others to be aware.

(in no particular order)

1. Display fitted wrong way round (front to back).
2. Display fitted upside down.
3. Ribbon damaged during installation - slightly detached from screen (they are very delicate, this kills the screen).
4. Ribbon not pushed into connector squarely or far enough.
5. Ribbon connector securing tabs not pushed down fully.
6. Other ribbons within the radio become detached whilst getting to the display.
7. Speaker connection detached whilst dismantling but not reattached.
8. Dust falling on to the inside of the display area, shoes up as specks on the screen (most annoying).
9. Blue ariel cable breaking.
10. Copper heat spreader ripped (remove it slowly!)
11. Ferrite choke refitted in wrong place making ribbon unable to emerge through plastic backing.

As said in previous posts, this is a straightforward replacement, but requires a careful touch to avoid mishaps.

Hi AJSDyno, I've been reading the posts with great relief to realise there's a chance of bringing my 2 avanti flows back to life. Well done for all your efforts. Before I ask to be put on your list can you please direct me to instructions? I found those for the evoke but not the avanti. I just want to check I'm up to the job before putting in my request.

Thanks

Hi AJSDyno, I've been reading the posts with great relief to realise there's a chance of bringing my 2 avanti flows back to life. Well done for all your efforts. Before I ask to be put on your list can you please direct me to instructions? I found those for the evoke but not the avanti. I just want to check I'm up to the job before putting in my request.

Thanks

Hi, the Avanti Flow info was posted by craggle in the old thread here:- Pure Evoke Flow Internet Radio

I have added you to the list anyway to ensure you get a couple if you decide to go ahead, no obligation.