• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pure Evoke/Avanti Flow - New Display Module

Displays have just arrived

They have just arrived!! I will try to get some out today before the post office closes, otherwise they will go in the morning.

Gttnewbie +3
TheBoyRoos +1
MiniMan1275 +1
tws068 +2 (paid)
Nosnow +1 (paid)
ElectroRosie +1 (fitting - paid)
ulrikken +2 (paid)
pureevil +1 (paid)
stuff4bgs +1 (paid)
woodymogs +2
brasenose +1

Anyone stumbling on this thread

If you stumble on this thread looking for a Display to fix your fading Pure Evoke Flow radio, checkout the first post for details of the price and my e-mail address.

Please send me a mail to check stock before paying! (at time of writing this update I have plenty of stock)

A note of caution - many people have fitted their new display and rejuvenated their Evoke but this fix requires a careful touch as the displays are not designed for DIY replacement and are easily damaged.
If you would prefer someone else to carry out the repair you can send your radio to me and I will fit, test & return (UK) for £28.50 please send a mail for details.

Last edited:
Yeay! It works!
IMG_3158.jpg
A big thank you to everyone who posted here and in the original thread, especially to:

• AJSDyno who actually got the display for me (arrived today, thanks!)
  • OxfordDownings, who provided instructions,
  • Gttnewbie, who provided pics,
  • alprampo and nomadUK, who got the initial orders,
  • ... and to everyone here who posted that they had got their display fixed!
(yes, it does seem like winning an Oscar if you never really did electronics DIY)

Next jobs:
- Set 7 second switch off on active and stand-by modes
- Tell my wife she can tune in to her Italian internet statins again.

Happy 2018 everyone.
Mike

Last edited:
New display arrived in the post this morning, fitted and working.
Took me about 20 minutes in total.
Its a bit tricky getting the ribbon cable threaded through, I took some pictures of the original screen in situ so I had something to refer to once the old screen was out.
Thank you very much AJSDyno, excellent service and communication.

Postage update

Quick update to save me sending a PM to everyone.

All displays paid for before 9am 08/Jan have been dispatched. Any not received already should arrive today or tomorrow (except the international orders which are still "in transit").

I still have some displays available if anyone else wants one and will also fit them, just send me a PM.