Punk

Joined 2017
Paid Member
:) i hesitate to post this one ( or 'l'eau rouge') because they are usualy considered as industrial but i think the border is fine and the punk influence is very strong.

I love The Young Gods. I versed into electronic music thanks to 'Only Heaven' (and Scorn 'Evanescence'). They have a very special place in my heart and for those who have seen them Live they are one of the most involving and sincere acts i've ever seen. I have fond memories of their live for the reopening ( or closing i can't remember) of the 'Noumatrouf' in Mulhouse around 96/97. Such an impressive concert.
Well, if you haven't listened to their latest effort 'Data Mirage Tangram' it is one of their best album ever. Lots of reference into it ( they even used some samples of Plastickman's 'vr96' series) and it sees the return of their historic keyboardist/ samplist.

I‘ll have to dig out their newer stuff.
The early recordings are just awesome.
I saw them in berlin 1991, it was verycool although not so involving as i thought they‘d be.
I came to listen to them through a recording of one of their first concerts, in the frisson in fribourg switzerland, and it was mindboggling even from that cassette (which I unfortunately lost some sad day).

SinceSteve mentioned The Ramones one song is clearly not enough so here is a good chunk of a whole gig.

14 songs in under 30 minutes!
Ramones - Live At The Rainbow - December 31, 1977 - YouTube

Can’t have too much fun, or too much Ramones. Thanks Charles.

Now for something completely different but still on topic.

In 2011, Shonen Knife (a guilty pleasure) put out an album of Ramones covers and toured as The Osaka Ramones. Joey gave them that name when they opened for them in 1996 in Japan.

osaka ramones - chinese rocks (6) - YouTube

Last edited: