Punk

There is scope for an overlap with the Reggae thread!

This lot is generally classed as a punk band but not long after this gig was recorded in Paris the lead singer died of a heroin overdose and the rest of the band recorded a dub album with Mad Professor as Ruts DC (da capo - back to the beginning) and prior to all that they were employed as the backing band of Ska legend Laurel Aitken.

The Ruts Live at Theatre de l'Empire, Paris, France 1980 - YouTube

And from the states there were the Bad Brains:
Bad Brains - Bad Brains (1982) Full Album - YouTube

I ain't even gonna mention the Clash...

Punk so over generalized. There were different factions but what most people think about now is the hard fast guitar and sneering looks. i liked the easier side. And yes I know this will generate controversy
The Buzzcocks
The Dead Kennedys.
The Fleshtones
Gang of Four
And one of the best. X

Joined 2009
Paid Member
^ interesting you mention Treponem Pal.

They started as punk and evolved into industrial ( "Excess & Overdrive" is a very good studio album ( live it was disapointing to say the least) produced by Franz Treichler from The Young Gods: this could explain it is so good) then into Dub.

Your own country produced some interesting things in terms of 'mauvais gout' ;) :D :

Skinny Puppy - The Process (Full Album Part 1/5) - YouTube

Don't take me wrong i absolutely love them! ( Kevin Key is an absolute genius to me).

Why do you think it'll be controversial Freecrowder?

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Belgian indus?
Dive and relatives (Klinik, Sonar, ...Dirk Ivens projects edit: oh Front 242 and Lords of acid! I though they were dutch! )?

Bluegrass is nice. Oh well there is very little music genre i find uninteresting ( i've got issues with Dombolo/ Zouk and bad hip hop though... things i was forced to work on...)

Last edited:
When I gave my first ISSCC paper (AD524) I woke up to "Six Pack" as I had left the radio on. I also remember "Stukas Over Disneyland" came on later.

I was at the last Angry Samoans and Minor Threat concerts at the Channel in Boston both were wonderful chaos with nobody getting hurt and no police.

Last edited: