Punch X360.2 schematic / advice

Hey all,

I have a Punch x360.2 on the bench, board # PC-3081-C. I am wondering if anyone can help me obtain the schematic?

Owner hooked it up backwards and fried the power supply FET's. I replaced them with the closest equivilant I could find (IRLZ44PBF). Beeped out the rest of the board and couldn't find any other bad components. It powers up now but the rail voltage isn't stable and there's excessive current draw.

Is anyone familiar with the switching wave forms on these era of amps (both gate and drain)? I'm seeing a bit of crossover on the transitions and wondering if the issue is the devices I chose.

I attached the gate and drain wave forms.

Thank you!

Attachments

• SDS00002.jpg
    SDS00002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 48
  • SDS00003.jpg
    SDS00003.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Those are logic level FETs and may not be suitable for the drivers as they are now. You could try installing a 470 ohm resistor across the collector and the emitter of each of the two PNP driver transistors. If that reduces the heating, the logic level FETs are likely the problem.

Attachments

• 00_amps_punch_g360a2_schematic.pdf
    598.2 KB · Views: 87
Thanks for the reply. If it helps, the original FET's were 50N06V, which is what I attempted to cross reference. Not BUZ11 as shown on the schematic. Also, D10-D13 do not look to be present.

It appears the supply is running at 100% pulse width, which seems odd but I'm not sure, let me know if this is normal.

Last edited:
+/- 36.7v on the rails. 13.5v B+. D10-D13 were not removed, rather they do not appear anywhere on the board.

What's happening is a few seconds after turning on, the wave forms glitch about once per second while at the same time my 10A bench supply briefly hits current limit. It's hard to capture in a still but I was ablt to grab this one. This happens over and over until power is removed.

Using a FLIR I do not see any components getting unusually hot.

Attachments

• SDS00004.jpg
    SDS00004.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 28
Here are three captures. One before overcurrent, one during the transition into overcurrent, and lastly while in overcurrent. I'm starting to think my bonehead idea to put in IRL devices (with higher gate capacitance as well) is causing cross conduction.

Attachments

• SDS00016.jpg
    SDS00016.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 33
  • SDS00015.jpg
    SDS00015.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 27
  • SDS00014.jpg
    SDS00014.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 32