Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jleaman said:

so 100$ euro ? for 2 channels & a psu board ? Is that include shipping ?

Originally posted by Zen Mod

so- my plan is to sell combos in which you can find these goodies:

pcb preamp channel - pcs 2
pcb ± 36V ser/shunt reg - pcs 2
J310 matched pair x 2 (so- 2 + 2)
BC546C matched pair x 2 (so- 2 + 2)
J310 (CCS for led string ) pcs 2
LM336Z-5 - pcs 4
BF245C - pcs 4

all that ( or just ?! ) for 100E

in price is included worldwide shipping

pcbs - two sided ,blue stop lack ,white overlay

read at bottom ; almost last line

Attachments

• pumpkinandf4.jpg
    pumpkinandf4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 525
I just coulden't resist draggin Pumpkin back into livingroom, for listning some more :D

Not that i care much anymore, i just wanna tell, that if i adjust -/gnd +/gnd so, that they are simmulair, the dc-offset between +/- is pretty stable, even without pumpkin packed into chassis. ;)

The Pumpkin is quite stable now, and maybee it's a good idea, that before adjustning, that it plays for 7-8hour's, well that's just my experience... maybee it's just component's burning in or whatever... Anyway :Pumpkin: sound's Amazing.

My experiance also tell's me, that the offset is easier to adjust with just 1 multimeter, it looks in my situation, that if i use 2multimeters, it's much harder to adjust... My guess is that the wire's from multimeters kindoff interfears, but that's just a guess.

I tried yesterday, just to be sure, to point a flashlight to the pumpkinccs's diode's to see, if dc-offset change's... I see no change, so i guess you can use pumpkin outside in the sun too :D :D :D

I really have had the time to make this from scratch, because i had some surgery done in my left shoulder 2months ago, so that i have not been to work in the time... Well Monday i will start again, so maybee the finish of chassis for pumpkin will take some time. I have been finishing the Pass-like psu through.

I tried Dreky ;) -- :Pumpkin: with all kind off music genre's, and no matter what i play, the... funny easylistning relaxing sound remains... it's just soo cool to listning to very hard to explain, maybee a little 'toobz' ;) like.. I donno ??? But it's the best sounding pre, i have ever heard.

Good luck to all you happy pumpkin future builder's, i will be watching you :D

:deer: (dear) ZenMod.. :worship: :worship: It's have been really a pleassure having your'e help, but maybee it would be a great idea to post the adjust procedure etc... with -in / +in to gnd and all that, reference value's to help people out, if they 'think as i did' was having problems. My problems turned out, that i just didn't know howto adjust it imho.

Anyway this weekend i will be fulltime listning :cheers:

Jesper.

Attachments

• realpsu.jpg
    realpsu.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 700
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
:deer: (dear) ZenMod.. :worship: :worship: It's have been really a pleassure having your'e help, but maybee it would be a great idea to post the adjust procedure etc... with -in / +in to gnd and all that, reference value's to help people out, if they 'think as i did' was having problems. My problems turned out, that i just didn't know howto adjust it imho.

Jesper.

well , that's what I planed for new thread - in every case ;)

tnx for reminding me ;)