Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

HeHe... Success !

R1/R3 = 8,1Kohm ... R5/R6 = 147,5Kohm (VoltageGain ~x18)

~3v input / 50v out (balanced)
~1v input / 18v out (balanced)

Clipping appears, at approx. 4v input (Near 70v out !!!)
There is a problem, with uploading picture's right now, so please visit LINK

Remember to roll down site. :yes: :Pinoc:

ZenMod :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
HeHe... Success !

R1/R3 = 8,1Kohm ... R5/R6 = 147,5Kohm (VoltageGain ~x18)

~3v input / 50v out (balanced)
~1v input / 18v out (balanced)

Clipping appears, at approx. 4v input (Near 70v out !!!)
There is a problem, with uploading picture's right now, so please visit LINK

Remember to roll down site. :yes: :Pinoc:

ZenMod :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jesper.

and sound?

even mono?

seems that you owe me six pack next year in your neighborhood , at European Burning Amp Weekend

:devilr:

ps. post pdf of your pcb to all greedy boyz with cookin' missus irons .................

:Popworm:

and sound?

even mono?

seems that you owe me six pack next year in your neighborhood , at European Burning Amp Weekend

ps. post pdf of your pcb to all greedy boyz with cookin' missus irons .................

all will be done... maybee listning session soon.... next few day's i havent got that much time unfortunately :rolleyes: ...

European burning amp.... tell me more 'sixpackZenMod' :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I hope that Magura will see them in flesh...........

they just arrived - first batch of main pcbs

reg pcbs are little ( :cuss: ) delayed ...........

anyway - just a quickie scan , my digi isn't near me ....

1/2

Attachments

• scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 698
You ba...... - Mine pcb, look's foolish compared to your's :clown:

Anyway, today i tried hook'ed 1channel up with F4 (Balanced out 1channel aka' mono)... Let's say, the sound is amazing, simply asstunning, and very clear. First thing i noticed, was very much 'punch', something my setup likes very much.
This pre. is absolutely something different than other i had been listning too, in the good way :D. Well i am not telling more about this now, as everything isen't made finish yet. (pumpkin wasent even hot when listning, nor adjusted 100% either),
Anyway i had a quistion for you today too ZenMod :D

I had been lowering R1/R3 to 8,1K and R5/R6 is increased to 147,5K for giving gain at ~18 times. Is there a formula for calculating this, say if i want 30x i increase R5/R6 into 200K and decrease R1/R3 to 6,8K giving like ~29. Will it give more heat ? Will it make noise ? Should i not do it ?... What's to tell about this ?

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
You ba...... - Mine pcb, look's foolish compared to your's :clown:

Anyway, today i tried hook'ed 1channel up with F4 (Balanced out 1channel aka' mono)... Let's say, the sound is amazing, simply asstunning, and very clear. First thing i noticed, was very much 'punch', something my setup likes very much.
This pre. is absolutely something different than other i had been listning too, in the good way :D. Well i am not telling more about this now, as everything isen't made finish yet. (pumpkin wasent even hot when listning, nor adjusted 100% either),
Anyway i had a quistion for you today too ZenMod :D

I had been lowering R1/R3 to 8,1K and R5/R6 is increased to 147,5K for giving gain at ~18 times. Is there a formula for calculating this, say if i want 30x i increase R5/R6 into 200K and decrease R1/R3 to 6,8K giving like ~29. Will it give more heat ? Will it make noise ? Should i not do it ?... What's to tell about this ?

Jesper.

well ......... I know that I'm Ba...... ( :clown: ) but just imaaaaagine how Ba..... Papa is .......... :rofl:

anyway- you can alter values of feedback loop to your choice ,thinking that (roughly!!!) input impedance is ~ value of your R1(R3) resistor and- most important - you can't go with CLG much near OLG without penalties ;

as I wrote before - I didn't measure OLG and I didn't remember what I calc on back of ....toilette paper ....... :clown: , but- in any case your Cathode Ray Oscilloscope will tell ya something about THD before you can hear with ears........

anyway - why you need astronomic input voltages in F4 ,stacked or not ......... are you deaf .......... or you try to PA kindergarten?

:clown:

edit:

:Pumpkin: is hottest when is in idling , doesn't matter what gain you set ; it's A class , ya remember?

anyway - why you need astronomic input voltages in F4 ,stacked or not ......... are you deaf .......... or you try to PA kindergarten?

Hehe... yep, i live near such a thing!... Anyway i just want to drive the F4 to max, at approx. 1/2 volume.. But i see now, it's a stupid thing to do. End of that quistion :)

is hottest when is in idling , doesn't matter what gain you set ; it's A class , ya remember?

I just throught that i was changing bias (stupid throught!).. It's clear to me, how it work's now thank's :)

BTW: Have you tested that +36/-36v regulator ? It's just that i made a simmulair one, with 6x6,8v zener = 40,8. Voltage is dropping to 35v with 1 channel hooked up (Maybee i will adjust zener to 42v later). I don't know how much it will lower more (if any) with 2channel's... Just to tell you (and not trying to be clever here :D). It proberly dosen't mean anything btw.

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

BTW: Have you tested that +36/-36v regulator ? It's just that i made a simmulair one, with 6x6,8v zener = 40,8. Voltage is dropping to 35v with 1 channel hooked up (Maybee i will adjust zener to 42v later). I don't know how much it will lower more (if any) with 2channel's... Just to tell you (and not trying to be clever here :D). It proberly dosen't mean anything btw.

Jesper.

why I need to test that silly thing- it's boiled water and remember that's just schematic ............ nobody can say that your specimen will work, if you drek something :devilr:

reg is reg- his role is to regulate voltage , in some boundaries ;

you probably made some mistake- in wiring or in approach....... have your xformer enough voltage and mA for task?

you must have firm input voltage in reg , to have firm output

btw- for reg of that sort , output voltage IS overall zenner string voltage MINUS Ugs ............

edit:

why switch to open source........ XP is free,too ............ :devilr:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

BTW: Have you tested that +36/-36v regulator ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

like usual, I made mistake in hand-drawing - switched legs of 9610 .... I hope :clown: that now is OK ( lookie lookie at pic)

Magura said:

Ok, have you gotten a sixpack from him? Has Steen? I know I havn't!

.......So why do you keep helping him?

Magura ;)

better like this than he start messin' around with phone calls :devilr:

Attachments

• simple-pumpkin-regw.jpg
    simple-pumpkin-regw.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 618