Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Zen Mod: a certain part-monger sent me some little blue boxes for a RIAA filter.

Jacco: is there a third significant digit that I can aim for on those 3 capacitance values? I have access to a capacitance bridge at my dad's university lab, but it probably hasn't been calibrated in years :( probably better than nothing though.

Zen Mod: what to do with the CT and electrostatic shield wire from transformer (I don't have them yet, but... still would like to know) do they go to the board, or some sort of star ground through a thermistor?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
luvdunhill said:
Zen Mod: what to do with the CT and electrostatic shield wire from transformer (I don't have them yet, but... still would like to know) do they go to the board, or some sort of star ground through a thermistor?

shield winding from xformer goes directly to safety ground (case ) .

CT goes to safety ground/case either via NTC ........... or via NTC

:devily:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Assesears said:
G'Day Zen Mod,

Please can you tell how to work out the RC ratio, from cookie book

note 2 . use mica if you find ; value must be scaled according to value of R5/R6 ; if
you decrease/increase value of R5/R6 then increase/decrease value of C1/C2 to
preserve approx. same RC ratio.

Cheers

R5/R6 =100K
C1/C2 = 5pF

so - RC = 100Kx5pF=5x10^-7

that's in fact connected to corner frequency of that RC pair

simple - if you decrease R5/R6 to 47K , you must increase C1/C2 (to preserve same multiple ) to ~ 10pF

so- C1/C2 = 5x10^-7/47K = 10p6

clear enough ?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
luvdunhill said:
heh, I think I got 500mA from some BOM around here ... anyways... I'll post some pictures soon. I finally got things mounted on those heat sinks, but it was a pain.

BOM ?

who need a stinkin' BOM .................

:clown:

Attachments

• f_cr.jpg
    f_cr.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 343
so so so... I finally got all the parts... checked a few things and noticed that tabs on Shunty darlingtons are shorted to each other .. suppose this is correct.. other IRF tabs are isolated from each other and the darlingtons... then, I plugged in the trafo (with fuses removed) and got 103VAC at the input and +- 70VDC at the fuses. ok, so I installed the 2 resistors and put one fuse in ....... um.. then I had like 2-3 VDC at the output (and at the fuse) and 103.4 at the other side where the fuse was missing (but after bridge)... ummm... i'm assuming this is normal? just I just try it with both fuses installed?