psone LCD using CRT lens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my first to post in diyaudio and thank you for all the infos here in this forum.
been doin lots of adjustment with my box and will share the result as i progress.
here is the image on the LCD

Attachments

• image on lcd.jpg
    image on lcd.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,708
Gizmotech, you are right:) but it took me quite a while to figure this out as i was concentrating on improving the reflector of the lamp.
the lamp came in with complete fixture, so i used the aluminum reflector that came with it.
the reflector is just a plain aluminum and i eventually replaced it with mirror finished.

i changed my reflector to soup ladle after i found out that reflected light is the one covering the four corners of the screen and the bright circular light directly from the lamp. am i right?
anyways, this is the result with soup ladle reflector. condenser to LCD distance is around 13.5" and lamp engine

Attachments

• improve image.jpg
    improve image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,256
aad1972 said:
In your last photo, is that just me or are you getting some vignetting around the corners of the screen? Is that from having the lens resting so close to the screen? Good job though!:)

thanks add1972. yes, the corners are not lighted up but this is due to off centered fresnel relative to the LCD. please,correct me if i'm wrong on this because i just based this on my actual test/adjustment.
the reason for off centered fresnel is due to eagerness of cutting it into size.
the CRT projection lens has a very short focal of around 6". i tried moving it outward but image became blurred.

here,s another screenshot.
A VGA hack was needed for the Redant PSone LCD since it does not have a composite input.
i do the monitor swap to switch to 640 X 480 interlaced. personally, i would not advise this as it may mess up your PC, unless it is a dedicated one.

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 797
attached is the modified box for the last two screen shots i posted.
i added a mirror between lamp and fresnel to to increase distance with minimal extension of the first box. beside the CRT projection lens is the H-sync/V-sync mix to VGA adapter.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 869
joker35 said:
your projector is verry good with crt lens.
but crt lens is verry big
thanks joker35, you might say that it is big. i got an NEC and a Fujinon, the diameter of the lens averages to about 4 1/2". including the housing the diameter would be around 5". so this can still be installed on box with height of around 6".
the dimension of the box on my initial post is around 12"X11"X6"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.