Problem with OHP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A month ago through Ebay I bought an OHP Eiki OHP-250M with 250W AC metal-halide lamp inside. I was glad about it not so long. Yesterday I could not start it.

When I turned on my OHP, I heard a high frequency noise made by high voltage board. Inside the lamp I saw a dim blue arc but lamp had not started.

I don’t know what trouble with. May be somebody had such experience? Should ballast make a noise if lamp is faulty? May be the problem is with a ballast? Or lamp cause it.

Please help me!

gagarin61 said:
A month ago through Ebay I bought an OHP Eiki OHP-250M with 250W AC metal-halide lamp inside. I was glad about it not so long. Yesterday I could not start it.

When I turned on my OHP, I heard a high frequency noise made by high voltage board. Inside the lamp I saw a dim blue arc but lamp had not started.

I don’t know what trouble with. May be somebody had such experience? Should ballast make a noise if lamp is faulty? May be the problem is with a ballast? Or lamp cause it.

Please help me!

what type of your ballast?
give me a pic

Re: Re: Problem with OHP

ywh said:

what type of your ballast?
give me a pic

I don't know its type....

My ballast consist of two boards. I will try to post here their images.

First Board:

Attachments

• part_01.jpg
    part_01.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 372
ywh said:

You don't have a multimeter?

How do you to do DIY?

get one pleace! it is cheaper. only 10$ in my city.

I don't have a multimeter... It is useless device for incompetent person...

It is simply. I did my DIY projector only from two parts. There are OHP and Infocus PowerView 820 projection panel. What is a reason I need to have a multimeter for?

Now my OHP is faulty. And I am disappointed that nobody can help me. I don't believe that nobody has the same OHP (Eiki OHP-250M or 2500M). It is not big deal to remove lamp, switch on an OHP and post an answer in this topic. I would be so appreciative.

ywh said:
give me a pic of your new lamp
:)

I attached a photo of my poor lamp. I don't have a new one.

ywh said:
simply way:
you buy my lamp,try to run it ,.
if the lamp can not work,return the lamp to me ,you lost shipping(5+5$) only.
OK?

For a start please say what kind of lamp do I need (AC/DC). Early you wrote me that my lamp and ballast are AC. But from one source I read that my ballast is DC. But I am not sure. It was japanese web page translated to English by Google.

I post here a quote:
Lighting device:
Fixed electrical switching ballast

Attachments

• lamp.jpg
    lamp.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 163
ywh said:
where is the japanese web page ?
I can see some words, Chinese words are part of Japanese.
If you are not sure in DC or AC. yon can choose DC,
A DC lamp can be used in a AC ballast, it has 70-80% life.

Ah, you are a polyglot!

Try to translate it:
http://www.eiki.jp/ohp/ohp-2500M.htm

My lamp is marked as UMI-250PE. I found a bit information about a lamp UMI-250.

http://www1.ushio.co.jp/catalog/100e/1035.html

I don't know what is difference between UMI-250 and UMI-250PE.

gagarin61 said:

Please help me!

The problem is solved. Faulty lamp caused a trouble. Today I got a new one for 70 AUD (~50 USD).

To ywh: Thank you very much! Only you had reacted and only you was trying to help...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.